Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Why is the font always smaller on FF

Why is the font always smaller on FF

tigerman@________.com

This is Firefox 2.0.0.3

When I open a page in IE the font is readable. When I open it in
Firefox, it's always so damn small I have to put on reading glasses.
How the heck do I fix this? Actually, I really dont want to change
any fonts, I want the default, or should I call it the way the page
was written. IE always views the page as it was written, why not FF?

TheCroW

> This is Firefox 2.0.0.3
>
> When I open a page in IE the font is readable. When I open it in
> Firefox, it's always so damn small I have to put on reading glasses.
> How the heck do I fix this? Actually, I really dont want to change
> any fonts, I want the default, or should I call it the way the page
> was written. IE always views the page as it was written, why not FF?

Maybe what happend to me also happend to you without knowing ... turns out
that (at least on my Windows XP Home system) when your browser is openend
and you hold the Ctrl key (or tap it at that moment by accident) and you
scroll with your scrollwheel on your mouse, the fontsize of the browser is
changed and that change is remembered by the browser.
So: open FF, hold your Ctrl key and move your scrollwheel downward. Now your
fonts in FF will get bigger. Select the size you want and FF will remember.
As far as I know this goes for IE as for FF alike but the change of FF will
not effect the fontsize of IE and the other way around.

--
Menno
=====================

tigerman@________.com

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 18:34:52 +0200, "TheCroW" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>> This is Firefox 2.0.0.3
>>
>> When I open a page in IE the font is readable. When I open it in
>> Firefox, it's always so damn small I have to put on reading glasses.
>> How the heck do I fix this? Actually, I really dont want to change
>> any fonts, I want the default, or should I call it the way the page
>> was written. IE always views the page as it was written, why not FF?
>>

>Maybe what happend to me also happend to you without knowing ... turns out
>that (at least on my Windows XP Home system) when your browser is openend
>and you hold the Ctrl key (or tap it at that moment by accident) and you
>scroll with your scrollwheel on your mouse, the fontsize of the browser is
>changed and that change is remembered by the browser.
>So: open FF, hold your Ctrl key and move your scrollwheel downward. Now your
>fonts in FF will get bigger. Select the size you want and FF will remember.
>As far as I know this goes for IE as for FF alike but the change of FF will
>not effect the fontsize of IE and the other way around.

Maybe that works in XP, but it does nothing for me. I am running
Win98se. Any other ideas? I dont recall changing anything to affect
the font size in FF, but I could have done something unknowingly.

Miller

*tigerman@________.com* wrote on 03.09.07 11:53:
> This is Firefox 2.0.0.3
>
> When I open a page in IE the font is readable. When I open it in
> Firefox, it's always so damn small I have to put on reading glasses.
> How the heck do I fix this? Actually, I really dont want to change
> any fonts, I want the default, or should I call it the way the page
> was written. IE always views the page as it was written, why not FF?

Tools -> Options -> Content -> Fonts&Colors -> Advanced:
Minimum font size...
[x] Allow pages to choose their own fonts...

HTH, M.

John Thompson

On 2007-09-03, tigerman@________.com <tigerman@________.com> wrote:

> This is Firefox 2.0.0.3
>
> When I open a page in IE the font is readable. When I open it in
> Firefox, it's always so damn small I have to put on reading glasses.
> How the heck do I fix this? Actually, I really dont want to change
> any fonts, I want the default, or should I call it the way the page
> was written. IE always views the page as it was written, why not FF?

I suspect some MS-centric weirdness in the page design. In any case, try
the No-Squint Add-On, which lets you set zoom level on a site-by-site
basis: http://urandom.ca/nosquint/

--

John ((E-Mail Removed))

yogi22

On Sep 3, 10:31 pm, John Thompson <(E-Mail Removed)2.dhs.org> wrote:
> On 2007-09-03, tigerman@________.com <tigerman@________.com> wrote:
>
> > This is Firefox 2.0.0.3

> > When I open a page in IE the font is readable. When I open it in
> > Firefox, it's always so damn small I have to put on reading glasses.
> > How the heck do I fix this? Actually, I really dont want to change
> > any fonts, I want the default, or should I call it the way the page
> > was written. IE always views the page as it was written, why not FF?

> I suspect some MS-centric weirdness in the page design. In any case, try
> the No-Squint Add-On, which lets you set zoom level on a site-by-site
> basis:http://urandom.ca/nosquint/
>
> --
>
> John ((E-Mail Removed))

I agree 100% with John. No-Squint is one of my favourite extensions.
You can tell it (or, not) to remember the zoom level that you last
used at any site. The next time you visit, it will automatically
display at that level. This is a Must-Have! (at least for this
senior's eyes).
kk