Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco 1812 subnet to subnet NAT

Cisco 1812 subnet to subnet NAT

Amadej

Hello,

I'm a bit new to Cisco router configurations and I'm wondering if it
is possible to specify a 1-1 NAT for whole subnets. I'd like our
internal address range (let's say 10.0.0.1/255.255.255.0) to be
translated to our external address range (let's say
x.x.x.1/255.255.255.0) - but I can't find a way to configure the
router to do this apart from entering static NAT rules for each IP
translation (and there is apparently a 100 rule limit on the
routers?).

Basically I want 10.0.0.1 to be translated to x.x.x.1 and 10.0.0.2 to
x.x.x.2 and so on.

From what I understand I can't do it with dynamic NAT and address
pools because I have no way of controlling which internal IP gets
which external IP?

So how does one insert a static 1-1 NAT for a whole address range? All
I found were commands for a static 1-1 IP to IP nat.

Thanks in advance!

Merv

On Sep 3, 5:42 am, Amadej <spamfree_amadej@nospam_leoss.si> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a bit new to Cisco router configurations and I'm wondering if it
> is possible to specify a 1-1 NAT for whole subnets. I'd like our
> internal address range (let's say 10.0.0.1/255.255.255.0) to be
> translated to our external address range (let's say
> x.x.x.1/255.255.255.0) - but I can't find a way to configure the
> router to do this apart from entering static NAT rules for each IP
> translation (and there is apparently a 100 rule limit on the
> routers?).
>
> Basically I want 10.0.0.1 to be translated to x.x.x.1 and 10.0.0.2 to
> x.x.x.2 and so on.
>
> From what I understand I can't do it with dynamic NAT and address
> pools because I have no way of controlling which internal IP gets
> which external IP?
>
> So how does one insert a static 1-1 NAT for a whole address range? All
> I found were commands for a static 1-1 IP to IP nat.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Match Host

The ability to configure NAT to assign the same Host portion of an IP
Address and only translate the Network prefix portion of the IP
Address. Useful where you are using the host portion as a means to
identify or number users uniquely.

Host Number Preservation:

For ease of network management, some sites wish to translate prefixes,
not addresses. That is, they wish the translated address to have the
same host number as the original address. Of course, the two prefixes
must be of the same length. This feature can be enabled by configuring
dynamic translation as usual, but configuring the address pool to be
of type "match-host":