Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Cypress Preserve

Cypress Preserve

investagroup22@googlemail.com

The Cypress Preserve resort is the only new construction in Pasco
County Florida zoned for 'short term rentals' which makes this the
perfect investment. Set in twenty one acres of conservation area, the
resort enjoys a peaceful atmosphere whilst being only 30 minutes away
from Tampa International Airport and on the doorstep of numerous
restaurants, shopping malls and beaches. The Cypress Preserve Resort
development is proudly offered by.
Universal Realty and Development Inc.

www.cypresspreserve.blogspot.com/

PhlowerPhotos

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 02:06:17 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>The Cypress Preserve resort is the only new construction in Pasco
>County Florida zoned for 'short term rentals' which makes this the
>perfect investment. Set in twenty one acres of conservation area, the
>resort enjoys a peaceful atmosphere whilst being only 30 minutes away
>from Tampa International Airport and on the doorstep of numerous
>restaurants, shopping malls and beaches.

This sounds suspiciously close to (or is) what local residents in that part of
FL near Big Cypress Preserve affectionately call "The Blocks". Hundreds of
thousands of acres that were at one time sectioned off for development and sold
to the uneducated, only to end up being reclaimed by nature. This is the land
that started the old phrase, "I have some swampland in Florida that I could sell
to you." A huge get-rich scheme that came crashing down around all concerned. In
attempts to restore all the phenomenal damage done by these failed construction
projects ("The Blocks") to this extremely fragile ecosystem they have been busy
trying to disappear all signs of construction, canals, and roadways from
existence. You would be hard pressed to find them all today. The task is
unending as their existence rerouted the very flow of water in that whole region
of FL. Trying to restore that is a phenomenal task, and supporting any of these
developments (like the one this poster advertised) would only hinder it.

On the upside, THE rarest orchids on earth exist in this region. One species so
rare that only one small patch on one tree was thought to exist. I found another
patch 30 times as large to add to their known locations, now known only by park
personnel and myself. I got some wonderful photos of them. I was there
photographing rare orchids for 3-month spans in 2 consecutive years. For those
of you reading this thinking of poaching: Don't try taking any, you will be
prosecuted to the full extent of the law, and any people in the area are very
protective of them now. You will be found out. While there I personally turned
in 2 groups of orchid poachers. You just never know who is watching you, day or
night, camera in hand. Those Night-Shot infrared-illumination modes of Sony
cameras come in so handy at times.

But what a great photography expedition you can have. Take a stout walking-stick
with you, to prod the murky water in front of you for submerged 12-16 ft.
alligators in the chest-deep waters while hiking, and you'll be just fine.
They'd rather leave than turn and attack. Most every time.