Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > interferance problems

interferance problems

David

My wireless kit is still somewhere in the xmas post - should be here next
day or two. Reading some of the threads here it seems I'm in for fun!

The impression I get is that the kit is a bit flaky, and suceptible to
interferance. Thankfully all I'm doing is adding one wireless pc to an
existing wired home network.

Reading the threads I am now expecting the network to drop when the
microwave nearby starts, when the nearby cordless phones ring, when somebody
is using a moblie phone nearby and so on.

Thankfully surfing and the odd file to transfer isn't mission critical!
Still, I am looking forward to getting it up and running.

Bill

Dont know what kit you are getting but I set up my wireless (Linksys) for
Christmas and no drops yet with all the stuff running like you
mentioned...microwave, cordless phones etc etc. I am on a DSL connection and
the LAN stays in good shape. As a matter of fact I had the laptop in the
kitchen while the wife was cooking and it worked well with the signal
strength excellent..

good luck to you
Bill

news:XArCd.456$(E-Mail Removed)...