Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > If I fail the valadation test do "they" come knocking?

If I fail the valadation test do "they" come knocking?

DrDan

Just wondering. It's been awhile since I set up a hard drive
and never saw so many software security valadations like (I wish
I had bought some way back then) M$ update sites.

pcbutts1

No.

"DrDan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Just wondering. It's been awhile since I set up a hard drive
> and never saw so many software security valadations like (I wish
> I had bought some way back then) M$ update sites.

who'sthat

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 22:31:03 -0500, DrDan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Just wondering. It's been awhile since I set up a hard drive
>and never saw so many software security valadations like (I wish
>I had bought some way back then) M$ update sites.

They just with hold what you owe from your tax returns.

ded

"DrDan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Just wondering. It's been awhile since I set up a hard drive
> and never saw so many software security valadations like (I wish
> I had bought some way back then) M$ update sites.

Since XP's launch there has been trillions of updates/patches just to get
it to function, let alone third party software compatibility issues.

If what you're are implying is you want to install a pirate copy of XP
that is already registered to another PC/user etc, you will fail validation
and won't get service packs, hotfixes, patches etc etc blah, blah blah.
there will be serious incompatibility with software/drivers etc you try to
install as it is an unpatched copy of XP etc etc. Basically in will be
unuseable.

If the pirate copy has done the rounds and many have tried to install/
validate etc, then the original registered user maybe asked questions....

Come One, Come All Jess Guim Digital Photography 0 12-02-2003 04:43 PM
TEST TEST TEST Gazwad Computer Support 2 09-05-2003 07:32 PM
if (f() != FAIL) or if (FAIL != f())? Wenjie C Programming 3 07-31-2003 09:54 PM