Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > OCR Software Recommendations

OCR Software Recommendations

GaryDean

I'm looking for OCR software that works well with .Net. Need to read and
modify fax documents.
Anyone have any recommendations?
Thanks,
Gary

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Gary,

I'm not quite experienced on this, but I think you can get more idea from
the website of those internet components's introducing page or the related
discussion forum as some one there may comment them. Here is someone I've
searched:

http://pcwin.com/software/Code39/index-1.htm

http://www.brothersoft.com/software_...cr.net_barcode
_components_53844.html

http://software.techrepublic.com.com...x?docid=275502

BTW, you can also try posting in the MSDN or ASP.NET forum to see whether
there is anyone there can give some advice.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

--------------------
>From: "GaryDean" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>Subject: OCR Software Recommendations
>Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 10:49:59 -0700

>I'm looking for OCR software that works well with .Net. Need to read and
>modify fax documents.
>Anyone have any recommendations?
>Thanks,
>Gary

Muhammad Naveed Yaseen

I recently did it via 'MODI' (Microsoft Office Document Imaging),
which comes by default with Office 2003, or by explicit choice in
Office 2007.

Basically its object model was to instantiate the component with a
graphics file, call OCR method of object, iterate through it's Images
collection, which would have Words collection.

Faced some issues of Interop COM wrapper around MODI component not
releasing closed files/buffers immediately.

Isolated COM wrapper in a separate process (one instance per request),
talked to this process via stdin/stdout redirected to stream, and life
was good!