Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Video Ook! dead?

Video Ook! dead?

Glenn S.

It has worked consistently for me on YouTube, but now it
doesn't work at all, even after uninstalling and re-installing.
Anyone else having this problem?

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Glenn S. wrote:
> It has worked consistently for me on YouTube, but now it
> doesn't work at all, even after uninstalling and re-installing.
> Anyone else having this problem?

nope, no problems at all. Have you got the latest flash
installed? Are you using a flash blocker or an adblocker or
anything similar? Are you using a HOSTS file?

or Reply to Author. Thanks!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Glenn S. wrote:
> It has worked consistently for me on YouTube, but now it
> doesn't work at all, even after uninstalling and re-installing.
> Anyone else having this problem?

nope, no problems at all. Have you got the latest flash
installed? Are you using a flash blocker or an adblocker or
anything similar? Are you using a HOSTS file?

or Reply to Author. Thanks!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Glenn S.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in alt.fan.mozilla...

>Glenn S. wrote:
>> It has worked consistently for me on YouTube, but now it
>> doesn't work at all, even after uninstalling and re-installing.
>> Anyone else having this problem?

>nope, no problems at all. Have you got the latest flash
>installed? Are you using a flash blocker or an adblocker or
>anything similar? Are you using a HOSTS file?

I've got the latest flash player. I don't know what a HOSTS
file is, so I'm probably not using one.

The only change I've made lately to my system was to ad
AdBlock Plus as an add-on. It's the only ad blocker I was using. I
uninstalled it, but Ook still doesn't work.

I also downloaded a freebie program called Orbit. It
downloads everything perfectly in IE6, but it won't work in Firefox,
either.
http://www.orbitdownloader.com/index.htm

Thanks for replying.

Glenn S. wrote:
> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in alt.fan.mozilla...
>
>> Glenn S. wrote:
>>> It has worked consistently for me on YouTube, but now it
>>> doesn't work at all, even after uninstalling and re-installing.
>>> Anyone else having this problem?

>> nope, no problems at all. Have you got the latest flash
>> installed? Are you using a flash blocker or an adblocker or
>> anything similar? Are you using a HOSTS file?

> I've got the latest flash player. I don't know what a HOSTS
> file is, so I'm probably not using one.
>
> The only change I've made lately to my system was to ad
> AdBlock Plus as an add-on. It's the only ad blocker I was using. I
> uninstalled it, but Ook still doesn't work.
>
> I also downloaded a freebie program called Orbit. It
> downloads everything perfectly in IE6, but it won't work in Firefox,
> either.
> http://www.orbitdownloader.com/index.htm
>
> Thanks for replying.

can you provide a direct link to the video so others can
test it out and see whats going on. Thanks

or Reply to Author. Thanks!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

History Fan

"Glenn S." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> It has worked consistently for me on YouTube, but now it
> doesn't work at all, even after uninstalling and re-installing.
> Anyone else having this problem?

I use an extension called DownloadHelper. Check out the link below and
see if it might be a suitable replacement:

elaich

Glenn S. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> It has worked consistently for me on YouTube, but now it
> doesn't work at all, even after uninstalling and re-installing.
> Anyone else having this problem?

Video Download Helper has also ceased to work on Youtube. I suspect they
are blocking. Never mind, there are alternatives that still work, but I
won't mention them here. They are easy enough to find.

--
A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of the message.
Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

elaich wrote:
> Glenn S. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> It has worked consistently for me on YouTube, but now it
>> doesn't work at all, even after uninstalling and re-installing.
>> Anyone else having this problem?
>>

> Video Download Helper has also ceased to work on Youtube. I suspect they
> are blocking. Never mind, there are alternatives that still work, but I
> won't mention them here. They are easy enough to find.

why not mention them here? Others should be aware of them.
Most can't find such things.