Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > WEB or WAP identifier?

WEB or WAP identifier?

Ritter197

I use Windows XP Pro.
I also use a Comcast 3 in 1 modem (Cable TV, Internet and Voice) and I use a
D-Link router.

Sometime when I set everything up I had to give ( I think) a number, made up
by me, to create security.

I do not remember whether it was when I installed the router or modem.

Anyhow, everything works fine but when a friend comes to visit with a very
late model laptop he can not sign on to my wireless because it asks for that
key or ID or whatever (maybe that number)

I cannot find it in my records and wonder how I can access it so that the
next time he visits, he can use my wireless connection.

Bit Twister

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 15:27:31 -0400, Ritter197 wrote:

> I cannot find it in my records and wonder how I can access it so that the
> next time he visits, he can use my wireless connection.

You can point your browser to your wireless router's web page and find
your number.

Ritter197

Thanks. I re-created it manually. This time I saved all on thumbdrive and a
printout.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...