Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Say a prayer !

Say a prayer !

CBIC

"kpg*" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns999D9809AAAA8ipostthereforeiam@207.46.248. 16...
> "CBIC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>

>> "kpg*" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:Xns999D93A5C39D3ipostthereforeiam@207.46.248. 16...
>>>

>>> I recommend you start drinking heavily.

>> Already started. Drinking a Moosehead as I type this and yes, I'm
>> still at work.

> How long has it been since I told you I hate you?

It's been awhile but I appreciate the sentiment.
*burp*
Whoa, 'scuze me
*fetches another cold one*

FrisbeeŽ

"kpg*" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns999D8ECAE857Bipostthereforeiam@207.46.248. 16...

> PS - how 'bout them Tigers?

Croom got Zook fired, so it's only fair that Miles gets Croom fired.

PAJ

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 12:01:45 -0700, "kpg*" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>PS - how 'bout them Tigers?

Bah, stupid stripes.
--
Thx.
Paul

Jtyc

> It's been awhile but I appreciate the sentiment.
> *burp*
> Whoa, 'scuze me
> *fetches another cold one*

Yeah well I hope you die.

/obscure movie quote

Jeffrey W. Roach

Rob,

To pass the design test, its as much about your technology skills as it is
how do you interact with your business customer. Also you need to have a
consistent design plan based on Microsoft Best Practices.

Prepping for this class is difficult with-out actually having design
experience, the test writers have targeted engineers who design AD and
Networks for companies of 250-5000 users. When I taught this class we used
more giant Post-IT notes than ADU&C or Sites and Services. Take the business
requirements and in Visio or Paper design an AD infrastructure and Network.
infrastructure that meets those business requirements.

HTH,

Jeff

"Rob L" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi group,
>
> for it is you that I come to seek advice (constructive only please!).
>
> Today, I yet again prayed to the 70-297 gods, and after consideration,
> they did decline my prayers. This is mildly frustrating as I have taken
> the 70-297 prayer course (2282), and read the official (MS) 70-297
> self-paced praying kit (many thanks Walter and Michael), I have taken the
> prayer test exams, kindly provided by Self Test and MeasureUp and still
> the MCSE gods do not shine upon my patch.
>
> I do not wish to follow the wrong path I.e. Braindumps et al, so it is you
> wise people I now turn. I feel I know my stuff and could provide a Sunday
> morning service on the merits / de-merits of 70-297. I wish to make the
> 70-297 exam mine upon my next encounter, so your help and advise are much
> needed.
>
> many thanks
>
> Rob...

John R

"Jeffrey W. Roach" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rob,
>
> To pass the design test, its as much about your technology skills as it is
> how do you interact with your business customer. Also you need to have a
> consistent design plan based on Microsoft Best Practices.
>
> Prepping for this class is difficult with-out actually having design
> experience, the test writers have targeted engineers who design AD and
> Networks for companies of 250-5000 users. When I taught this class we used
> more giant Post-IT notes than ADU&C or Sites and Services. Take the
> business requirements and in Visio or Paper design an AD infrastructure
> and Network. infrastructure that meets those business requirements.
>
> HTH,
>
> Jeff

Yes, that is exactly correct. Microsoft does want people with design
experience. After all, certifications are all about certifying experience.
I don't say that to be mean, but it is what it is.

The biggest part of this test revolves around understanding what the client
wants. Maybe they want to keep their bind dns structure. So you must
design around that, not replace it because that is what you prefer. Once
you understand what the customer wants, now you must decide how to implement
that using best practices. For example, maybe they are trying to keep costs
low and they have a site with only 15 users. Don't put a DC there, have
them authenticate over the wan. Maybe those 15 users must be able to get
in, even when the wan is down, ok, now put a DC there. Maybe the wan link
is slow, and they have a bunch of unix boxes, so setup wins pull replication
instead of push/pull. See where we are going?

I must admit that when I took this test, there were several issues that
seemed to be conflicting within each testlet. You have to stop and think
about those (but don't stop too long). I would give it my first thought,
and mark the question number down. Then, when I finished the testlet, I
went back to any questions I was grey on.

The other piece of advice is to read the questions first. The clock does
not run while you are between questions. By reading the questions first, it
plants seeds in your head of what to look for in the interviews. If you
know there are no questions on WINS, you can skip over anything you read
about unix boxes or bind dns for example.

Good luck to you.

John R

John R

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I must admit that when I took this test, there were several issues that
> seemed to be conflicting within each testlet. You have to stop and think
> about those (but don't stop too long). I would give it my first thought,
> and mark the question number down. Then, when I finished the testlet, I
> went back to any questions I was grey on.

I almost forgot.

When you find conflicting design problems, for example, the CEO wants to
keep costs down, but the IS manager wants everyone to be able to
authenticate even when the wan is down, the golden rule applies. The guy
with the gold rules meaning that you pay more attention to the CEO. So you
need to pay attention to not only what the interviews say, but also who says
what. After all, if you are walking into a customer site to do this, you
will quickly learn that the golden rule applies no matter what.

John R

Rob L

Hi guys,

many thanks for your comments and suggestions. I was at a loss as to what to
do next, but your suggestions have provided some useful pointers. Onwards
and upwards is the only direction, that's as long as I'm upright and
standing!

may peace and compliant users be with you!

Rob...

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> I must admit that when I took this test, there were several issues that
>> seemed to be conflicting within each testlet. You have to stop and think
>> about those (but don't stop too long). I would give it my first thought,
>> and mark the question number down. Then, when I finished the testlet, I
>> went back to any questions I was grey on.
>>

> I almost forgot.
>
> When you find conflicting design problems, for example, the CEO wants to
> keep costs down, but the IS manager wants everyone to be able to
> authenticate even when the wan is down, the golden rule applies. The guy
> with the gold rules meaning that you pay more attention to the CEO. So
> you need to pay attention to not only what the interviews say, but also
> who says what. After all, if you are walking into a customer site to do
> this, you will quickly learn that the golden rule applies no matter what.
>
> John R

Michael Gossett

Compliance? What....

opensource prayer gen_tricomi Python 0 03-09-2006 02:18 PM
Prayer--- GRC Digital Photography 0 02-06-2005 09:57 AM
Twelve step prayer for web surfers Joel Rubin Computer Support 3 01-30-2005 06:55 PM
Rounding by prayer? Steven T. Hatton C++ 7 07-05-2004 10:47 AM
The Pythonista's Prayer David Goodger Python 0 10-17-2003 02:06 PM

Advertisments