Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Tune up needed

Tune up needed

brenda

I am trying to analyse from the UK my daughter laptop in America.
It is running slow and needs a general tune up WIN XP.
What can you recommend.

meerkat

"brenda" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9RVBi.41750$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am trying to analyse from the UK my daughter laptop in America.
> It is running slow and needs a general tune up WIN XP.
> What can you recommend.

CCleaner is pretty good, BUT she must decide what she clicks to
clean !
The Issues button will have a look at the Registry, BUT, she must
backup any items she cleans !.

http://www.ccleaner.com/download/

bw..

brenda

I think the registry needs sorting out for sure
"meerkat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:W6WBi.64$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "brenda" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:9RVBi.41750$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am trying to analyse from the UK my daughter laptop in America.
> > It is running slow and needs a general tune up WIN XP.
> > What can you recommend.
> >

> CCleaner is pretty good, BUT she must decide what she clicks to
> clean !
> The Issues button will have a look at the Registry, BUT, she must
> backup any items she cleans !.
>
> http://www.ccleaner.com/download/
>
> bw..

Bucky Breeder

"brenda" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:9RVBi.41750$(E-Mail Removed):

> I am trying to analyse from the UK my daughter laptop in America.
> It is running slow and needs a general tune up WIN XP.
> What can you recommend.

It's the USA "Labor Day" long-weekend holiday on this side of the beach, so
you should stay away from 1) United Airlines (safety issues); 2) motorboats
(weather and hurricane issues); 3) driving over here (that'd just be daft);
and, postal services (they're even slower than US airports).

Perhaps your daughter could post here as you have?

Good luck.

--

"Be careful about reading health books.
You may die of a misprint." -- Mark Twain (1835-1910)

(O
|__ BECAUSE OF THE RETARDS NORMAL PEOPLE
.-|___ CAN NEVER PARK BY THE FRONT AGAIN
( ) \_
`--'

SgtMinor

brenda wrote:
> I am trying to analyse from the UK my daughter laptop in America.
> It is running slow and needs a general tune up WIN XP.
> What can you recommend.

"15 Minute XP Tune-Up":
http://www.tweak3d.net/joomla/tweak-...ute-xp-tune-up

Plato

brenda wrote:

> I am trying to analyse from the UK my daughter laptop in America.
> It is running slow and needs a general tune up WIN XP.

Run various anti-virus. Run various anti-spyware. Run ccleaner. Delete
all temp and internet cache files. Then defrag.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/