Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Where's my settings file?

Where's my settings file?

ssg31415926

I've got a small web site and I've added some settings in appSettings
which appear in web.config. So far, so good.

I've just added a DLL to the site which was originally written to be
called from a Windows Forms app. The DLL has a settings file
(<name>.dll.config) when I use it in the Windows Forms app. I need to
change the settings but can't find the settings file on the ASP.NET
server. But it seems to be working.

How? And where are the settings?

I'm new to ASP.NET. So far, everything's going well but it's the
stuff not in books that keeps tripping me up!

Alex Meleta

Hi,

In web.config's appSettings.
And you can even add old config-file to web project with minimal changes,
just update web.config with the string:

<appSettings file="<name>.dll.config"/>

Regards, Alex
[TechBlog] http://devkids.blogspot.com

s> I've got a small web site and I've added some settings in appSettings
s> which appear in web.config. So far, so good.
s>
s> I've just added a DLL to the site which was originally written to be
s> called from a Windows Forms app. The DLL has a settings file
s> (<name>.dll.config) when I use it in the Windows Forms app. I need
s> to change the settings but can't find the settings file on the
s> ASP.NET server. But it seems to be working.
s>
s> How? And where are the settings?
s>
s> I'm new to ASP.NET. So far, everything's going well but it's the
s> stuff not in books that keeps tripping me up!
s>

ssg31415926

Cool, thanks.