Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > My Live Search

My Live Search

Stubbo of Oz

Has any one any experience of "My Live Search"?

http://mylivesearch.com/

Claims to be much better than Google but is it safe?

--
----------------
Stubbo of Sydney

sittingduck

Stubbo of Oz wrote:

> Has any one any experience of "My Live Search"?
>
> http://mylivesearch.com/
>
> Claims to be much better than Google but is it safe?

No, it will eat your face off as soon as you install the plugin. Honest.

--
http://improve-usenet.org

Pee Jay

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 22:51:53 -0700, sittingduck
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Stubbo of Oz wrote:
>
>> Has any one any experience of "My Live Search"?
>>
>> http://mylivesearch.com/
>>
>> Claims to be much better than Google but is it safe?

>No, it will eat your face off as soon as you install the plugin. Honest.

In other words, you haven't got a clue - what a dumbo!!

No wonder so many people are turned off newsgroups when this is all
some people can come up with!!

--
Pee Jay
NSW Australia

Plato

Stubbo of Oz wrote:

> Has any one any experience of "My Live Search"?
>
> http://mylivesearch.com/
>
> Claims to be much better than Google but is it safe?

Dont use a webpage if it requires a plugin to use. That's bad
webmastering.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

sittingduck

Pee Jay wrote:

> In other words, you haven't got a clue - what a dumbo!!
> No wonder so many people are turned off newsgroups when this is all
> some people can come up with!!

I did a google search. Something you are too lazy to do, evidently. So a
whole 'nother seach engine is not really going to do you any good, is it? I
thought my original answer was pretty funny. Still do.

--
http://improve-usenet.org

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Stubbo of Oz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Has any one any experience of "My Live Search"?
>
>http://mylivesearch.com/
>
>Claims to be much better than Google but is it safe?

Privacy stance sucks
http://mylivesearch.com/privacy.php

It's spyware you use as a search engine.

--
200,000 Elliptical Galaxies Point the Same Way
http://science.slashdot.org/science/.../1516224.shtml

David Vitter

30 Aug 2007,sittingduck <(E-Mail Removed)> in
news:Xns999CE8982F86Educkrulestheuniverse@invalid. quakefour.net:

> No, it will eat your face off as soon as you install the plugin.

oh gbus dat sound fun

Muze Gruppes

> Stubbo of Oz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Has any one any experience of "My Live Search"?
>>
>> http://mylivesearch.com/
>>
>> Claims to be much better than Google but is it safe?

> Privacy stance sucks
> http://mylivesearch.com/privacy.php
>
> It's spyware you use as a search engine.

Are you positive?

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/myl...false&aff_id=0

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Muze Gruppes <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Stubbo of Oz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Has any one any experience of "My Live Search"?
>>>
>>> http://mylivesearch.com/
>>>
>>> Claims to be much better than Google but is it safe?

>> Privacy stance sucks
>> http://mylivesearch.com/privacy.php
>>
>> It's spyware you use as a search engine.

>Are you positive?
>
>http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/myl...false&aff_id=0

You really don't know how this works do you? first a siteadvisor isn't
going to show anything - you really need to read the privacy policy
http://mylivesearch.com/privacy.php - spyware doesn't have to be
software, it's a generic term, tho you do install a plugin with this
site.

Also for some heavy reading http://www.honeynet.org/papers/bots/

--
The Way Of All Flesh