Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Can't activate Wireless Zero Configuration service

Can't activate Wireless Zero Configuration service

Ali Shooshtari

I have done what you said , but I did not get any option to change to window.
even reintalled but still not working and giving message WZC 871122 required.

"Dudi" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I use XP SP2, D-Link W/L USB card: DWL-120 (902.11b).
>
> All of a sudden, my PC stopped automatically connecting to my wireless
> network on power on. The only way I can force this connection to be set is
> by executing D-Link W/L utility.
> When I am trying to activate the WZC service it is failed and I'm prompted
> with an error message #1068. I referred to MS article ID: 871122 but looks
> like that something disappeared in the Network connection. Following that
> article, "....In Network Connections, click to select your wireless
> connection, and then click Change settings of this connection. On the
> Wireless Networks tab, click to select the Use Windows to configure my
> wireless network settings check box."
> I don't get this Wireless Networks tab option!!! How can I restore the WZC
> automatic activation ???
>
> Please advise
> Dudi

Pavel A.

If you don't see the wireless tab, the wzc service is not runnng -
check why.

Regards,
--PA

"Ali Shooshtari" <Ali http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have done what you said , but I did not get any option to change to window.
> even reintalled but still not working and giving message WZC 871122 required.
>
> "Dudi" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I use XP SP2, D-Link W/L USB card: DWL-120 (902.11b).
>>
>> All of a sudden, my PC stopped automatically connecting to my wireless
>> network on power on. The only way I can force this connection to be set is
>> by executing D-Link W/L utility.
>> When I am trying to activate the WZC service it is failed and I'm prompted
>> with an error message #1068. I referred to MS article ID: 871122 but looks
>> like that something disappeared in the Network connection. Following that
>> article, "....In Network Connections, click to select your wireless
>> connection, and then click Change settings of this connection. On the
>> Wireless Networks tab, click to select the Use Windows to configure my
>> wireless network settings check box."
>> I don't get this Wireless Networks tab option!!! How can I restore the WZC
>> automatic activation ???
>>
>> Please advise
>> Dudi

JOHN JARAMILLO

I don`t find.... On the
> Wireless Networks tab, click to select the Use Windows to configure my
> wireless network settings check box."....

My case is following, my laptop Hp with windows 2002, when I turn on, it
inmediatly make a connection with my wireless home and is very good, but when
I put my laptop on Hibernate or Stand by and I re-use again, my laptop not
connection again with my wireless home, I always need to restart or turn off
my laptop. Can you help me. Thanks

"Dudi" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I use XP SP2, D-Link W/L USB card: DWL-120 (902.11b).
>
> All of a sudden, my PC stopped automatically connecting to my wireless
> network on power on. The only way I can force this connection to be set is
> by executing D-Link W/L utility.
> When I am trying to activate the WZC service it is failed and I'm prompted
> with an error message #1068. I referred to MS article ID: 871122 but looks
> like that something disappeared in the Network connection. Following that
> article, "....In Network Connections, click to select your wireless
> connection, and then click Change settings of this connection. On the
> Wireless Networks tab, click to select the Use Windows to configure my
> wireless network settings check box."
> I don't get this Wireless Networks tab option!!! How can I restore the WZC
> automatic activation ???
>
> Please advise
> Dudi

Sam Canoly

Sounds like you need to try reinstalling the driver for your network
adapter. If that doesn't work just try reloading Windows.
"JOHN JARAMILLO" <JOHN (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I don`t find.... On the
>> Wireless Networks tab, click to select the Use Windows to configure my
>> wireless network settings check box."....

> My case is following, my laptop Hp with windows 2002, when I turn on, it
> inmediatly make a connection with my wireless home and is very good, but
> when
> I put my laptop on Hibernate or Stand by and I re-use again, my laptop not
> connection again with my wireless home, I always need to restart or turn
> off
> my laptop. Can you help me. Thanks
>

> "Dudi" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I use XP SP2, D-Link W/L USB card: DWL-120 (902.11b).
>>
>> All of a sudden, my PC stopped automatically connecting to my wireless
>> network on power on. The only way I can force this connection to be set
>> is
>> by executing D-Link W/L utility.
>> When I am trying to activate the WZC service it is failed and I'm
>> prompted
>> with an error message #1068. I referred to MS article ID: 871122 but
>> looks
>> like that something disappeared in the Network connection. Following that
>> article, "....In Network Connections, click to select your wireless
>> connection, and then click Change settings of this connection. On the
>> Wireless Networks tab, click to select the Use Windows to configure my
>> wireless network settings check box."
>> I don't get this Wireless Networks tab option!!! How can I restore the
>> WZC
>> automatic activation ???
>>
>> Please advise
>> Dudi

aaa

"Dudi" wrote:

> It works fine for the last three years. Please note that even now, I manage
> to establish the W/L connection when I run the D-Link utility manually. The
> problem is that the WZC service stopped somehow to function. Since the card
> as well its drivers are all the same I believe that something went wrong
> with the OS.
>
> Dudi
>
> "Jack (MVP-Networking)." <(E-Mail Removed)> ???
> ??????:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi
> > Did the card worked before?
> > The DWL-120 802.11b is an old card, some of the DWL-120 versions are not
> > even Win XP compatible.
> > I would try to uninstall the Utility and the card's driver, and reinstall
> > them again.
> > Or better of, given the low price of Wireless cards get a nice 802.11g
> > card.
> > Jack (MVP-Networking).
> >
> > "Dudi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I use XP SP2, D-Link W/L USB card: DWL-120 (902.11b).
> >>
> >> All of a sudden, my PC stopped automatically connecting to my wireless
> >> network on power on. The only way I can force this connection to be set
> >> is by executing D-Link W/L utility.
> >> When I am trying to activate the WZC service it is failed and I'm
> >> prompted with an error message #1068. I referred to MS article ID: 871122
> >> but looks like that something disappeared in the Network connection.
> >> Following that article, "....In Network Connections, click to select your
> >> wireless connection, and then click Change settings of this connection.
> >> On the Wireless Networks tab, click to select the Use Windows to
> >> configure my wireless network settings check box."
> >> I don't get this Wireless Networks tab option!!! How can I restore the
> >> WZC automatic activation ???
> >>
> >> Please advise
> >> Dudi

frustrated mom

I have been trying to fix my son's computer for months as his computer just
stopped showing any wireless networks to view. I never would have figured
this out.

Thank you!

"Ramesh R" wrote:

> Just to add more to this info: Some of the Wireless Card utilities,
> when installed (interactively or forcefully) turn off the WZC in
> windows services. Go to control panel ->administrative tools ->
> services -> WZC & make sure that the service is enabled & set to
> automatic start.
>
> Cheers
> /R
>
> On Aug 31, 2:38 am, "Phillip Windell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > "Dudi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > > It works fine for the last three years. Please note that even now, I
> > > manage to establish the W/L connection when I run the D-Link utility
> > > manually. The problem is that the WZC service stopped somehow to function.
> > > Since the card as well its drivers are all the same I believe that
> > > something went wrong with the OS.

> > The DLink utility will take control away from WZC. You can not use
> > both,..only one can be in control,...the other will remain disabled.
> >
> > I am not personally familar with DLink's tools, but there may be a place in
> > it to tell it to let WZC control the Wireless Nic which will cause the tool
> > to "get out of the way".
> >
> > For example, my laptop has a "Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility" that manages
> > the wireless networks. But if I want to use WZC then I have to go in the
> > "Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility" and uncheck the box that says "Let this
> > tool manage your wireless networks" which will cause the tool to "back off"
> > and let WZC manage the wireless networks.
> >
> > --
> > Phillip Windellwww.wandtv.com
> >
> > The views expressed, are my own and not those of my employer, or Microsoft,
> > or anyone else associated with me, including my cats.

lola

"Pavel A." wrote:

> If you don't see the wireless tab, the wzc service is not runnng -
> check why.
>
> Regards,
> --PA
>

> "Ali Shooshtari" <Ali (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have done what you said , but I did not get any option to change to window.
> > even reintalled but still not working and giving message WZC 871122 required.
> >
> > "Dudi" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I use XP SP2, D-Link W/L USB card: DWL-120 (902.11b).
> >>
> >> All of a sudden, my PC stopped automatically connecting to my wireless
> >> network on power on. The only way I can force this connection to be set is
> >> by executing D-Link W/L utility.
> >> When I am trying to activate the WZC service it is failed and I'm prompted
> >> with an error message #1068. I referred to MS article ID: 871122 but looks
> >> like that something disappeared in the Network connection. Following that
> >> article, "....In Network Connections, click to select your wireless
> >> connection, and then click Change settings of this connection. On the
> >> Wireless Networks tab, click to select the Use Windows to configure my
> >> wireless network settings check box."
> >> I don't get this Wireless Networks tab option!!! How can I restore the WZC
> >> automatic activation ???
> >>
> >> Please advise
> >> Dudi

hi, i tried to follow all what you mentioned above. but i didn't get any
change. it is still asking me to check the article 871122 on microsoft.com. i
have an intel proset/wireless which i tried to fix. and instead it disabled
my wzc. what to do? [i am a student with very limited information]

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Switch Off the Intel utility and read this, http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"lola" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Pavel A." wrote:
>
>> If you don't see the wireless tab, the wzc service is not runnng -
>> check why.
>>
>> Regards,
>> --PA
>>

>> "Ali Shooshtari" <Ali (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I have done what you said , but I did not get any option to change to
>> >window.
>> > even reintalled but still not working and giving message WZC 871122
>> > required.

> hi, i tried to follow all what you mentioned above. but i didn't get any
> change. it is still asking me to check the article 871122 on
> microsoft.com. i
> have an intel proset/wireless which i tried to fix. and instead it
> disabled
> my wzc. what to do? [i am a student with very limited information]

nitesh

"Dudi" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I use XP SP2, D-Link W/L USB card: DWL-120 (902.11b).
>
> All of a sudden, my PC stopped automatically connecting to my wireless
> network on power on. The only way I can force this connection to be set is
> by executing D-Link W/L utility.
> When I am trying to activate the WZC service it is failed and I'm prompted
> with an error message #1068. I referred to MS article ID: 871122 but looks
> like that something disappeared in the Network connection. Following that
> article, "....In Network Connections, click to select your wireless
> connection, and then click Change settings of this connection. On the
> Wireless Networks tab, click to select the Use Windows to configure my
> wireless network settings check box."
> I don't get this Wireless Networks tab option!!! How can I restore the WZC
> automatic activation ???
>
> Please advise
> Dudi

Ralph

The same happen to me, my wireless network config by windows was for some
reason switch to Intel pro wireless alone.

First make sure the WZC (Windows Zero Configuration) is Started.

Ok, to get this issue resolve of the error massage 871122, all you have to
do is

Go to Start and all programs then choose Intel Pro Wireless, on this window
click on Tools and choose to use Window client manager. or were you see use
Win clientF10. and this should fix the issue. hope this helps.