Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > network and internet

network and internet

ML

Have a new laptop with Vista. accessing broadband wired by way of modem
supplied by the ISP.
Laptop has built in Wireless.
Have another laptop with Xp and built in wireless.

The question is.
Can I network the 2 laptops wirelessly so that Xp laptop can access
internet through Vista laptop?

I know I can do this with XP machines, having done it many times with varied
senarios.
But with Vista it's a maze. If it is possible I'll have to learn my way
round but when I try to enable the wireless connection it seems to stop the
Internet connection .
Thanks

ML

OOPS Sorry
Posted this on the wrong NG
Please ignore

"ML" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Have a new laptop with Vista. accessing broadband wired by way of modem
> supplied by the ISP.
> Laptop has built in Wireless.
> Have another laptop with Xp and built in wireless.
>
> The question is.
> Can I network the 2 laptops wirelessly so that Xp laptop can access
> internet through Vista laptop?
>
> I know I can do this with XP machines, having done it many times with
> varied senarios.
> But with Vista it's a maze. If it is possible I'll have to learn my way
> round but when I try to enable the wireless connection it seems to stop
> the Internet connection .
> Thanks

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
To use more than one computer while having one Internet connection you have
to buy a Wireless Cable/DSL Router.
http://www.ezlan.net/routers1.html
As is, it supports 4 wired and many Wireless computers.
The system would look like this, http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg
Once the computers are successfully configured to use the Internet you can
configure them for a local share as well.
settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
allowed to be shared.
Vista File and Printer Sharing-
Basic XP -