Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Switch to Linux - a beginners guide

Switch to Linux - a beginners guide

Au79

By vivek

This website is run by a non-profit organization, GNU/Linux Matters, to
promote GNU/Linux amongst everyday users. We believe in a widespread use of
free software - as part of a truly free society...

http://www.getgnulinux.org/

http://rixstep.com/1/20040719,00.shtml
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux
http://www.ubuntu.com

lee houston

Au79 wrote:
> By vivek
>
> This website is run by a non-profit organization, GNU/Linux Matters,
> to promote GNU/Linux amongst everyday users. We believe in a
> widespread use of free software - as part of a truly free society...

A good site, but even easier and less risk is 'wubi'.
"Wubi will allow you to install and uninstall Ubuntu as any other application.
If you heard about Ubuntu and Linux, if you wanted to try them but you were
afraid, this is for you. Wubi is Safe Wubi does not require you to modify the
partitions of your PC, or to use a different bootloader. Wubi is Simple Just
run the installer, no need to burn a CD. Wubi is Discrete Wubi keeps most of
the files in one folder, and If you do not like, you can simply uninstall it."

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownloa...oad-79148.html