Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > DNS Flush

DNS Flush

Jack

I cannot get my ethernet connection to connect. When I try 'repair' it
states 'windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following
action cannot be completed: Clearing DNS cache. Following what I had read on
a help site I tried cmd then ipconfig/flushdns but that didn't work either.
It stated Could not flush the DNS resolver cache.Function failed during
execution. I have window XP home edition Service Pack two. Can anybody here
help but bearing in mind I am not technically very good at all please?

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I cannot get my ethernet connection to connect. When I try 'repair' it
>states 'windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following
>action cannot be completed: Clearing DNS cache. Following what I had read on
>a help site I tried cmd then ipconfig/flushdns but that didn't work either.
>It stated Could not flush the DNS resolver cache.Function failed during
>execution. I have window XP home edition Service Pack two. Can anybody here
>help but bearing in mind I am not technically very good at all please?

A service has been disabled.

Start | Run <type in>
services.msc
<enter>

Start your DNS CLIENT auto, start, apply

It's suggest if you run a HOSTS file, to disable your DNS CLIENT
Mine is, and I always get the
"Could not flush the DNS Resolver Cache: Function failed during
execution." error on a fluxh...

--
Golf Shot
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zKcBTaTed0Q

Mike Easter

Jack wrote:
> I cannot get my ethernet connection to connect.

You cannot get your ethernet connection to connect to what?

> I have window XP home edition
> Service Pack two.

Well, that's your OS. What is the network? ... starting with what is
the ethernet 'NIC' or mobo ethernet as recognized by XP and what is it
trying to connect to and how? wirelessly? a router? What is the
router's brand and model? A DSL or cable modem? What kind?

--
Mike Easter

pcbutts1

Do what Pennywise said then download my Winsock fix tool and run it.
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/winsock.zip

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I cannot get my ethernet connection to connect. When I try 'repair' it
>states 'windows could not finish repairing the problem because the
>following action cannot be completed: Clearing DNS cache. Following what I
>had read on a help site I tried cmd then ipconfig/flushdns but that didn't
>work either. It stated Could not flush the DNS resolver cache.Function
>failed during execution. I have window XP home edition Service Pack two.
>Can anybody here help but bearing in mind I am not technically very good at
>all please?

Leythos

In article <fb57oi$6d4$(E-Mail Removed)>, pcbutts1
@leythosthestalker.com says...

> Do what Pennywise said then download my Winsock fix tool and run it.

Never download files from a PORNO site, one that exposes kids to porn.

The Winsock Fix tool can be downloaded from many ethical sites, I've
listed a ethical one below:

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/winsock.htm

--
Leythos - http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (remove 999 to email me)

and put on his website: http://www.webservertalk.com/message1907860.html
3rd link shows what he's exposed to children (the link I've include does
not directly display his filth). You can find the same information by
googling for 'PCBUTTS1' and 'exposed to kids'.

Jack

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jack wrote:
>> I cannot get my ethernet connection to connect.

> You cannot get your ethernet connection to connect to what?
>
>> I have window XP home edition
>> Service Pack two.

> Well, that's your OS. What is the network? ... starting with what is
> the ethernet 'NIC' or mobo ethernet as recognized by XP and what is it
> trying to connect to and how? wirelessly? a router? What is the
> router's brand and model? A DSL or cable modem? What kind?

I am sorry I thought the information I gave was enough. I was wrong
obviously. I have recently installed a BTHub and it doesn't work very well.
It loses the wireless signal easily so I wanted to connect to it via an
ethernet cable. As you can tell I am with BT internet BB. I do not know the
NIC or mobo. The router is BTs own brand.
jack

pcbutts1

Sorry stalker I don't need one, I have my own.

"Leythos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> In article <fb57oi$6d4$(E-Mail Removed)>, pcbutts1
> @leythosthestalker.com says...
>>
>> Do what Pennywise said then download my Winsock fix tool and run it.

> Never download files from a PORNO site, one that exposes kids to porn.
>
> The Winsock Fix tool can be downloaded from many ethical sites, I've
> listed a ethical one below:
>
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/winsock.htm
>

> --
> Leythos - (E-Mail Removed) (remove 999 to email me)
>
> Learn more about PCBUTTS1 and his antics and ethic and his perversion
> with Porn and Filth. Just take a look at some of the FILTH he's created
> and put on his website: http://www.webservertalk.com/message1907860.html
> 3rd link shows what he's exposed to children (the link I've include does
> not directly display his filth). You can find the same information by
> googling for 'PCBUTTS1' and 'exposed to kids'.

Jack

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I cannot get my ethernet connection to connect. When I try 'repair' it
>>states 'windows could not finish repairing the problem because the
>>following
>>action cannot be completed: Clearing DNS cache. Following what I had read
>>on
>>a help site I tried cmd then ipconfig/flushdns but that didn't work
>>either.
>>It stated Could not flush the DNS resolver cache.Function failed during
>>execution. I have window XP home edition Service Pack two. Can anybody
>>here
>>help but bearing in mind I am not technically very good at all please?

> A service has been disabled.
>
> Start | Run <type in>
> services.msc
> <enter>
>
> Start your DNS CLIENT auto, start, apply
>
> It's suggest if you run a HOSTS file, to disable your DNS CLIENT
> Mine is, and I always get the
> "Could not flush the DNS Resolver Cache: Function failed during
> execution." error on a fluxh...

I tried following your instruction but it lead me into places I do not
understand so I quit and left the settings the same.
jack

Jack

"Leythos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> In article <fb57oi$6d4$(E-Mail Removed)>, pcbutts1
> @leythosthestalker.com says...
>>
>> Do what Pennywise said then download my Winsock fix tool and run it.

> Never download files from a PORNO site, one that exposes kids to porn.
>
> The Winsock Fix tool can be downloaded from many ethical sites, I've
> listed a ethical one below:
>
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/winsock.htm

Lethos and PC Butts, thanks but going there is way beyond my ability.

jack

> -- Leythos - (E-Mail Removed) (remove 999 to email me)
>
> Learn more about PCBUTTS1 and his antics and ethic and his perversion
> with Porn and Filth. Just take a look at some of the FILTH he's created
> and put on his website: http://www.webservertalk.com/message1907860.html
> 3rd link shows what he's exposed to children (the link I've include does
> not directly display his filth). You can find the same information by
> googling for 'PCBUTTS1' and 'exposed to kids'.

Leythos

> "Leythos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> > In article <fb57oi$6d4$(E-Mail Removed)>, pcbutts1
> > @leythosthestalker.com says...
> >>
> >> Do what Pennywise said then download my Winsock fix tool and run it.

> > Never download files from a PORNO site, one that exposes kids to porn.
> >
> > The Winsock Fix tool can be downloaded from many ethical sites, I've
> > listed a ethical one below:
> >
> > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/winsock.htm

> Lethos and PC Butts, thanks but going there is way beyond my ability.

Unlike PCBUTTS1 porn hosting site that he pointed you to, the website I
sent you to has instructions and it's really easy to use the tool. Try
it, it just takes a couple seconds.

--
Leythos - (E-Mail Removed) (remove 999 to email me)

Fight exposing kids to porn, complain about sites like PCBUTTS1.COM that
create filth and put it on the web for any kid to see: Just take a look
at some of the FILTH he's created and put on his website:
http://forums.speedguide.net/archive.../t-223485.html all exposed
'exposed to kids'.

flush dns Ali Computer Support 4 11-08-2009 03:43 AM
JVM DNS cache flush Sideswipe Java 3 11-30-2007 11:02 PM
DNS Flush Question Robert11 Computer Support 1 03-11-2007 04:40 PM
DNS query to internal DNS server from static NAT host none Cisco 5 04-25-2006 03:11 AM
DNS query from outside to internal, public DNS server Lars Bonnesen Cisco 9 04-08-2006 11:16 AM

Advertisments