Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Form Design

Form Design

upwebadmin

I have more of a generic web design question. How big is too big for
a form? I'm creating two forms, a "download our software" form and a
"register as a reseller" form. i'm not sure if it's better to go
really
short and get more info later or long but risk not getting as many
users. We want people to fill out some information, but how much
information can I reasonably request?

thanks
Dan
UniversePoint.com

Travis Newbury

On Aug 29, 4:29 pm, upwebadmin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have more of a generic web design question. How big is too big for
> a form?

How big was the one armed fisherman's fish? There is no generic
answer.

jp2express

I'd be sure to get their contact information and what they are interested
in.

You could save the details for later.

If you want more info, rate the information on your collection form on a
scale of 1 to 10. That will help you determine what you can leave off of the
form and ask of your Customers at a later date.

"upwebadmin" asked:
>I have more of a generic web design question. How big is too big for
> a form? I'm creating two forms, a "download our software" form and a
> "register as a reseller" form. i'm not sure if it's better to go
> really
> short and get more info later or long but risk not getting as many
> users. We want people to fill out some information, but how much
> information can I reasonably request?
>
> thanks
> Dan
> UniversePoint.com

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 29 Aug 2007 20:29:20 GMT
upwebadmin scribed:

> I have more of a generic web design question. How big is too big for
> a form? I'm creating two forms, a "download our software" form and a
> "register as a reseller" form. i'm not sure if it's better to go
> really
> short and get more info later or long but risk not getting as many
> users. We want people to fill out some information, but how much
> information can I reasonably request?

Who likes to fill out forms at all?

--
Neredbojias