Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > T-Bird 2006: Problem Can't "Edit" email forwarding before sendingit out?

T-Bird 2006: Problem Can't "Edit" email forwarding before sendingit out?

Ralph

I am a very new user to Thunderbird 2006, having used Firefox 2006 (and
earlier) for sometime now. But have been unable to figure out how to
edit an email that I have rcv'd, and now want to forward to someone,
before I hit the send button. Normally, I choose to delete all prior
names and addresses off the msg I intend to forward, along with any
other junk that is attached. With Tbird, I have been unable to do that.
Will someone please tell me how they do it, or whether it is a problem
with others as well? Thanks,

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Ralph wrote:
> I am a very new user to Thunderbird 2006, having used Firefox 2006 (and
> earlier) for sometime now. But have been unable to figure out how to
> edit an email that I have rcv'd, and now want to forward to someone,
> before I hit the send button. Normally, I choose to delete all prior
> names and addresses off the msg I intend to forward, along with any
> other junk that is attached. With Tbird, I have been unable to do that.
> Will someone please tell me how they do it, or whether it is a problem
> with others as well? Thanks,

click on Tools, Options, Composition, General tab, and at
the top regarding Forward Messages, select Inline from the
drop down. Does that solve the problem?

or Reply to Author. Thanks!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Ed Mullen

Ralph wrote:
> I am a very new user to Thunderbird 2006, having used Firefox 2006 (and
> earlier) for sometime now. But have been unable to figure out how to
> edit an email that I have rcv'd, and now want to forward to someone,
> before I hit the send button. Normally, I choose to delete all prior
> names and addresses off the msg I intend to forward, along with any
> other junk that is attached. With Tbird, I have been unable to do that.
> Will someone please tell me how they do it, or whether it is a problem
> with others as well? Thanks,

Highlight the message in the subject pane and click the Forward button
on the toolbar. Or click Message - Forward on the menu bar. The
message will open in a compose window. Adjust contents as desired.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net