Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Are there any good online discussion forums for help with IOS configs?

Are there any good online discussion forums for help with IOS configs?

sparticle

Loking for some urgent help with Cico IOS configs does anyone know of
any decent online discussion forums that have real cisco experts that
will share their knowledge.

I have already submitted a config to this newsgroup but no response.

Cheers
Spart

J.Cottingim

On Aug 29, 1:09 pm, sparticle <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Loking for some urgent help with Cico IOS configs does anyone know of
> any decent online discussion forums that have real cisco experts that
> will share their knowledge.
>
> I have already submitted a config to this newsgroup but no response.
>
> Cheers
> Spart

Spart,
This is probably one of the best groups to post questions where
experts on almost every aspect regularly read.

I looked over the question you posted yesterday. - You might want to
re-post it - try to be very clear on what the problem is. For
instance, you said something about getting packets out. What does
"packets out" mean exactly? I'm sure the question is clear in your
mind, but your comments at the beginning seem contradict each other.

Also, I noticed you removed an IP address, but left the passwords in
the config as clear text. - if you're having some routing issue,
consider leaving the address (or changing it to something else) and
removing the passwords.

Good luck.
JC

sparticle

J.Cottingim wrote:
> On Aug 29, 1:09 pm, sparticle <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Loking for some urgent help with Cico IOS configs does anyone know of
>> any decent online discussion forums that have real cisco experts that
>> will share their knowledge.
>>
>> I have already submitted a config to this newsgroup but no response.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Spart

> Spart,
> This is probably one of the best groups to post questions where
> experts on almost every aspect regularly read.
>
> I looked over the question you posted yesterday. - You might want to
> re-post it - try to be very clear on what the problem is. For
> instance, you said something about getting packets out. What does
> "packets out" mean exactly? I'm sure the question is clear in your
> mind, but your comments at the beginning seem contradict each other.
>
> Also, I noticed you removed an IP address, but left the passwords in
> the config as clear text. - if you're having some routing issue,
> consider leaving the address (or changing it to something else) and
> removing the passwords.
>
> Good luck.
> JC

Thanks for the note, good advice, I removed the IP's for obvious
reasons, the passwords are not the real passwords. You are correct the
issue is pretty clear to me, non of my clients can get to the internet
through the router wired or wireless.

Cheers
Spart

J.Cottingim

On Aug 30, 6:48 am, sparticle <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> J.Cottingim wrote:
> > On Aug 29, 1:09 pm, sparticle <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> Loking for some urgent help with Cico IOS configs does anyone know of
> >> any decent online discussion forums that have real cisco experts that
> >> will share their knowledge.

> >> I have already submitted a config to this newsgroup but no response.

> >> Cheers
> >> Spart

> > Spart,
> > This is probably one of the best groups to post questions where
> > experts on almost every aspect regularly read.

> > I looked over the question you posted yesterday. - You might want to
> > re-post it - try to be very clear on what the problem is. For
> > instance, you said something about getting packets out. What does
> > "packets out" mean exactly? I'm sure the question is clear in your
> > mind, but your comments at the beginning seem contradict each other.

> > Also, I noticed you removed an IP address, but left the passwords in
> > the config as clear text. - if you're having some routing issue,
> > consider leaving the address (or changing it to something else) and
> > removing the passwords.

> > Good luck.
> > JC

> Thanks for the note, good advice, I removed the IP's for obvious
> reasons, the passwords are not the real passwords. You are correct the
> issue is pretty clear to me, non of my clients can get to the internet
> through the router wired or wireless.
>
> Cheers
> Spart

Great...
It looks like Merv has requested some output from your router on your
original post.

Good Luck
JC

instructions on how to perform an IOS upgrade on a Catalyst 6500 switch (IOS to IOS) Mike Rahl Cisco 1 05-30-2007 05:22 PM
Supr.forums web forums stevene C++ 1 01-31-2007 05:46 AM
Recommendation for a DISCUSSION FORUMS components Luis Arvayo ASP .Net 2 10-27-2005 05:39 AM
Are there ANY good forums out there anymore??? Eric Danstron ASP General 1 09-22-2005 01:37 PM

Advertisments