Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Backup utility

Backup utility

=?Utf-8?B?TFQ3?=

the backup utility wan't start in windows XP Pro. It appears to start and
then does nothing then a window comes up and say that it's looking for a
place to backup.

Charlie Russel - MVP

I don't think this has anything to do with 64bit windows, the purpose of
this newsgroup. You might fare better over on a more appropriate newsgroup.
But the error message you describe indicates to me that it doesn't see a
backup device. Start with the help files for NTBackup, the utility in XP
Professional that does the backup, and make sure you have a supported backup
device available and that it has the necessary drivers.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

XP BackUp Utility Si Computer Support 2 09-20-2003 03:59 PM
XP Pro BackUp Utility - One More Question! Si Computer Support 0 09-18-2003 08:45 PM
XP Pro BackUp Utility - Another Question! Si Computer Support 0 09-18-2003 10:59 AM
XP Pro BackUp Utility Si Computer Support 3 09-17-2003 02:12 PM

Advertisments