Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Adding print icon to compose toolbar

Adding print icon to compose toolbar

dale.thomson@gmail.com

I am using Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 and would like to add the print icon to
the toolbar on the compose window so my wife can print out copies of
the emails she has composed so I can see them before she sends them.
She is menu challenged and it would be much better for her to be able
to just click on an icon on the toolbar (like Outlook) instead of
having to navigate the file menu. Thanks for your suggestion.

John Thompson

On 2007-08-28, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I am using Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 and would like to add the print icon to
> the toolbar on the compose window so my wife can print out copies of
> the emails she has composed so I can see them before she sends them.
> She is menu challenged and it would be much better for her to be able
> to just click on an icon on the toolbar (like Outlook) instead of
> having to navigate the file menu. Thanks for your suggestion.

Would a simple [CTRL-P] work for her? No menus to navigate, just a
simple keypress.

--

John ((E-Mail Removed))

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I am using Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 and would like to add the print icon to
> the toolbar on the compose window so my wife can print out copies of
> the emails she has composed so I can see them before she sends them.
> She is menu challenged and it would be much better for her to be able
> to just click on an icon on the toolbar (like Outlook) instead of
> having to navigate the file menu. Thanks for your suggestion.

on the main program, right click and select customize, then
remove the print icon from there. Then click OK. Now, from
Compose, right click, customize, and put the icon there.

or Reply to Author. Thanks!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

dale.thomson@gmail.com

On Aug 28, 9:36 pm, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > I am using Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 and would like to add the print icon to
> > the toolbar on the compose window so my wife can print out copies of
> > the emails she has composed so I can see them before she sends them.
> > She is menu challenged and it would be much better for her to be able
> > to just click on an icon on the toolbar (like Outlook) instead of
> > having to navigate the file menu. Thanks for your suggestion.

> on the main program, right click and select customize, then
> remove the print icon from there. Then click OK. Now, from
> Compose, right click, customize, and put the icon there.
>
> --
> Please do not email me for help. Reply to the newsgroup
> only. And only click on the Reply button, not the Reply All
> or Reply to Author. Thanks!
>
> Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

I tried this following your suggestion but it didnt work. I suspect
the custom pallets are different for each of the icons on the main
menu. I moved the print icon off of the main toolbar and then went to
the compose screen and opened up the customize pallet but the print
icon was not available. Thanks for the try, I sure thought it should
have worked that way.