Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > reset telnet password

reset telnet password

SteveB SteveB is offline
Junior Member

I am trying to use SSH to adminsiter a Pix 501. The problem is, I do not know the telnet password to the pix, but I do have the enable password and I can use the PDM just fine. If I try to change the telnet password from the pdm, it tells me I need to have the original password. Maddening. Is there any way to reset just the telnet password on a pix 501?