Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > reset passwprd for pop server

reset passwprd for pop server

jim fisher

I am trying to set up a new email account under N/S 7.2. How do I set
the password for the pop server ??? I am using XP Pro.
Tnx
Jim

Evan Platt

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 19:28:13 GMT, jim fisher <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I am trying to set up a new email account under N/S 7.2. How do I set
>the password for the pop server ??? I am using XP Pro.

N/S? Netscape? Something else?

Likely Tools, Accounts.
Or google 'change pop password netscape'

First result:

http://www.finelinedesign.com/e-mail.htm

Gordon

"jim fisher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am trying to set up a new email account under N/S 7.2. How do I set
> the password for the pop server ??? I am using XP Pro.
> Tnx
> Jim

Your ISP gives it to you when you create the account with them....

lee houston

jim fisher wrote:
> I am trying to set up a new email account under N/S 7.2. How do I set
> the password for the pop server ??? I am using XP Pro.

you don't mention your isp name. but in general for moz
mail clients, setup everything else for the pop server, then
click on 'Receive' and system will prompt for password
with option to remember it. Make sure you are using the
ISP issued username (likely your email address).

Might be best to set up SMTP server first so you can
send mail to test the receive mail.

lee

lee houston

jim fisher wrote:
> I am trying to set up a new email account under N/S 7.2. How do I set
> the password for the pop server ??? I am using XP Pro.

I just noticed your Subject: does not agree with your
question. Are you really trying to *reset* the password?
That aint gonna happen without support from the ISP.
(legally at least).
It might help if you told us the Internet Provider in question?

John Holmes

lee houston "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> jim fisher wrote:
>> I am trying to set up a new email account under N/S 7.2. How do I set
>> the password for the pop server ??? I am using XP Pro.

> I just noticed your Subject: does not agree with your
> question. Are you really trying to *reset* the password?
> That aint gonna happen without support from the ISP.

I can change my password frome here, as long as I can remember the old
password. No support from the ISP needed.

--
Your mother was a cadaverous ageing hippy who used to do unmentionable
things to cheese on a bungee rope.

Rectum Burn

jim fisher <(E-Mail Removed)> said in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I am trying to set up a new email account under N/S 7.2. How do I set
> the password for the pop server ??? I am using XP Pro.
> Tnx
> Jim

With your dick..............moron.

HTH