Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Drawing a circle from the center.

Drawing a circle from the center.

pjdd@rediffmail.com

Can anyone please recommend a free bitmap drawing and painting
program for Windows that lets one draw a circle or ellipse by
starting from the center instead of a tangential corner ?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

> Can anyone please recommend a free bitmap drawing and painting
> program for Windows that lets one draw a circle or ellipse by
> starting from the center instead of a tangential corner ?

Not free, but cheap. CorelDRAW allows all sorts of options in drawing
shapes. The CTRL key and the ALT key do all sorts of magical things.

meerkat

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Can anyone please recommend a free bitmap drawing and painting
> program for Windows that lets one draw a circle or ellipse by
> starting from the center instead of a tangential corner ?

I will suggest that, if you want Free software, you try in
`alt.comp.freeware`.
The range of totally freeware stuff is massive.

bw..

pjdd@rediffmail.com

On Aug 28, 11:45 pm, Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > Can anyone please recommend a free bitmap drawing and painting
> > program for Windows that lets one draw a circle or ellipse by
> > starting from the center instead of a tangential corner ?

> Not free, but cheap. CorelDRAW allows all sorts of options in drawing
> shapes. The CTRL key and the ALT key do all sorts of magical things.

Thanks. I think I still have a very old version of CorelDRAW
somewhere. I don't know if it has this particular feature. I'll
dig it up when I have time and see.

Most Amiga painting progs - PPaint, DPaint, Brilliance, etc -
had this feature, and it's one of the things I miss badly when
I want to do a quick bitmap drawing with MS Paint.

pjdd@rediffmail.com

On Aug 28, 11:46 pm, "meerkat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...> Can anyone please recommend a free bitmap drawing and painting
> > program for Windows that lets one draw a circle or ellipse by
> > starting from the center instead of a tangential corner ?

> I will suggest that, if you want Free software, you try in
> `alt.comp.freeware`.
> The range of totally freeware stuff is massive.
>
> bw..

Thanks. I've often heard that NG mentioned, but never actually
hung out there. I'll go ask.