Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Orange Livebox - SIP address..?

Orange Livebox - SIP address..?

Ivor Jones

Anyone know if it's possible to access a phone plugged into an Orange
Livebox by SIP address..? Assuming it uses SIP of course, or is it one of
those proprietorial things like Skype..?

A friend has just got one of these things and it comes with an 0845 number
(spit) so would prefer to avoid charges for said number if at all
possible..!

Ivor

cloggie99

tell your friend to change his number you can do that with orange ,if he
logs in to his account and click om manage your talk settings he can choose
a variety off different 01,02 nubers

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone know if it's possible to access a phone plugged into an Orange
> Livebox by SIP address..? Assuming it uses SIP of course, or is it one of
> those proprietorial things like Skype..?
>
> A friend has just got one of these things and it comes with an 0845 number
> (spit) so would prefer to avoid charges for said number if at all
> possible..!
>

> Ivor

Ivor Jones

"cloggie99" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:012b372d$0$13742$(E-Mail Removed)
: : tell your friend to change his number you can do that
: : with orange ,if he logs in to his account and click om
: : manage your talk settings he can choose a variety off
: : different 01,02 nubers

Yes I know the number can be changed but if a SIP address is available the
call will be free.

Ivor
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Brian A

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 17:17:45 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"cloggie99" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:012b372d$0$13742$(E-Mail Removed)
>: : tell your friend to change his number you can do that
>: : with orange ,if he logs in to his account and click om
>: : manage your talk settings he can choose a variety off
>: : different 01,02 nubers
>
>Yes I know the number can be changed but if a SIP address is available the
>call will be free.
>
>Ivor

I checked out the sipbroker.com list. SIP providers are usually listed
there even if, like BT and their relatively newly acquired plus.net,
they block calls. Orange is not on the list. That might be some sort
of indicator.
http://www.sipbroker.com/sipbroker/a...iderWhitePages

---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Get your friends to sign too!
TV.
---

Ivor Jones

"Brian A" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
: : On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 17:17:45 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
: : <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: :
: : : "cloggie99" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
: : : message
: : : news:012b372d$0$13742$(E-Mail Removed)
: : : : : tell your friend to change his number you can do
: : : : : that with orange ,if he logs in to his account
: : : : : and click om manage your talk settings he can
: : : : : choose a variety off different 01,02 nubers
: : :
: : : Yes I know the number can be changed but if a SIP
: : : address is available the call will be free.
: : :
: : : Ivor

: : I checked out the sipbroker.com list. SIP providers are
: : usually listed there even if, like BT and their
: : relatively newly acquired plus.net, they block calls.
: : Orange is not on the list. That might be some sort of
: : indicator.
: : http://www.sipbroker.com/sipbroker/a...iderWhitePages

Hmm, thanks for that. Looks like a change to an 01/02 number is the best I
can do then. I can get her to ring me, then it will be free

Actually, the list of free destinations from the Orange system is quite
impressive, around 100 countries I think as well as 01/02 UK numbers.

Ivor