Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Bugmenot

Bugmenot

http://www.fat-forums.com

The bugmenot.com credentials do not work for the above mentioned site.
Please help.

Tester

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 17:05:52 GMT, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>http://www.fat-forums.com
>
>The bugmenot.com credentials do not work for the above mentioned site.
>Please help.

If it's a matter of free registration but you're afraid you'll get
spam or lose your privacy, you can just create a new free email
address, just use it for this purpose, and then abandon it when you no
longer need it.

Vanguard

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:QBYAi.60367$(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.fat-forums.com
>
> The bugmenot.com credentials do not work for the above mentioned
> site.

bugmenot.com
"Find and share login credentials for websites that force you to
register"

Awww, is it too hard for itty bitty 2-celled brain you to bother
registering? It's so complicated for you, isn't it. So intead of
registering, you choose to expend that same level of effort posting in
a newsgroup. Yeah, like that's logical, uh huh. Can't get your share
of porn today because you can't use someone else's existing login to a
porn site? Can't get into that pay-per-view site to violate their TOS
and also violate bugmenot's TOS? Can't share that hacked e-mail
account with others? Awww, too too bad. Guess you'll just have to
wait until someone else does your work for you by registering and then
posts it at bugmenot so you can share/steal their login. Guess you'll
have to use just your imagination while polishing your bishop.

Whiskers

On 2007-08-28, <(E-Mail Removed)> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> http://www.fat-forums.com
>
> The bugmenot.com credentials do not work for the above mentioned site.
> Please help.

Seems to me that a 'forum' is one of those places where a faked login such
as Bugmenot jolly well shouldn't work. If you want to post messages or add
content, register properly. Or take it up directly with the people who
run that forum or with the people who run Bugmenot.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

"Vanguard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:QBYAi.60367$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> http://www.fat-forums.com
>>
>> The bugmenot.com credentials do not work for the above mentioned site.

> bugmenot.com
> "Find and share login credentials for websites that force you to register"
>
> Awww, is it too hard for itty bitty 2-celled brain you to bother
> registering? It's so complicated for you, isn't it. So intead of
> registering, you choose to expend that same level of effort posting in a
> newsgroup. Yeah, like that's logical, uh huh. Can't get your share of
> porn today because you can't use someone else's existing login to a porn
> site? Can't get into that pay-per-view site to violate their TOS and also
> violate bugmenot's TOS? Can't share that hacked e-mail account with
> others? Awww, too too bad. Guess you'll just have to wait until someone
> else does your work for you by registering and then posts it at bugmenot
> so you can share/steal their login. Guess you'll have to use just your
> imagination while polishing your bishop.

Thanks for all your help so far.

Mike Easter

> http://www.fat-forums.com

If you are going to access that site, you need to be aware of its
policies in the faq
http://www.fat-forums.com/forums/faq..._read_and_post
User Maintenance -- General Forum Usage -- Reading and Posting Messages

Specifically, if you are trying to access a function that requires
logging in, you should know this:
http://www.fat-forums.com/forums/faq...b_why_register
Why should I register? -- To register, you will need to specify a
username and password, and a valid email address.

> The bugmenot.com credentials do not work for the above mentioned site.

If you are going to use a function such as bugmenot, you should
understand that it 'simply' provides a login/user which is known to work
for accessing sites which require registration for the purposes of
viewing a site's content. For viewing fat-forums content, you do not
need to login

The most practical use of bugmenot is for accessing such as news sites
which require registration.

The business of registering for a site such as a forum which involves
posting and an 'identity' isn't really appropriate for bugmenot. The
bugmenot site information and guidelines refers you to a forum where the
ethics and nuances of bugmenot is discussed
http://www.poynter.org/article_feedb...t.asp?id=60149
BugMeNot.com Lets Users Circumvent Forced Registration
--
Mike Easter

Blinky the Shark

Tester wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 17:05:52 GMT, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>http://www.fat-forums.com
>>
>>The bugmenot.com credentials do not work for the above mentioned site.
>>Please help.
>>

> If it's a matter of free registration but you're afraid you'll get
> spam or lose your privacy, you can just create a new free email
> address, just use it for this purpose, and then abandon it when you no
> longer need it.

This is a job for http://mailinator.com. You give the site at which you
want to register any mailbox name @mailinator.com and if any mail goes
there for a few hours the box will be created when the server sees it
(you don't have to *set up* that mailbox at mailinator). That way, if
you need, like, one real email from the site at which you're registering
(say, to receive a password), you can get it by checking that box. But
then in a few hours the box disappears. Slick, and just right for
signups, especially if you might *need* a reply once.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Tester wrote:
>> On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 17:05:52 GMT, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.fat-forums.com
>>>
>>>The bugmenot.com credentials do not work for the above mentioned site.
>>>Please help.
>>>

>> If it's a matter of free registration but you're afraid you'll get
>> spam or lose your privacy, you can just create a new free email
>> address, just use it for this purpose, and then abandon it when you no
>> longer need it.

> This is a job for http://mailinator.com. You give the site at which you
> want to register any mailbox name @mailinator.com and if any mail goes
> there for a few hours the box will be created when the server sees it
> (you don't have to *set up* that mailbox at mailinator). That way, if
> you need, like, one real email from the site at which you're registering
> (say, to receive a password), you can get it by checking that box. But
> then in a few hours the box disappears. Slick, and just right for
> signups, especially if you might *need* a reply once.
>
> --
> Blinky RLU 297263
> Killing all posts from Google Groups
> The Usenet Improvement Project:
> http://improve-usenet.org <---New Site Aug 28

I dont understand how it works?

Blinky the Shark

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> Tester wrote:

>>> If it's a matter of free registration but you're afraid you'll get
>>> spam or lose your privacy, you can just create a new free email
>>> address, just use it for this purpose, and then abandon it when you no
>>> longer need it.

>> This is a job for http://mailinator.com. You give the site at which you
>> want to register any mailbox name @mailinator.com and if any mail goes
>> there for a few hours the box will be created when the server sees it
>> (you don't have to *set up* that mailbox at mailinator). That way, if
>> you need, like, one real email from the site at which you're registering
>> (say, to receive a password), you can get it by checking that box. But
>> then in a few hours the box disappears. Slick, and just right for
>> signups, especially if you might *need* a reply once.
>>
>> --
>> Blinky RLU 297263
>> Killing all posts from Google Groups
>> The Usenet Improvement Project:
>> http://improve-usenet.org <---New Site Aug 28

> I dont understand how it works?

I don't know. Do you?

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
The Usenet Improvement Project:

Top

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> Tester wrote:

>>> If it's a matter of free registration but you're afraid you'll get
>>> spam or lose your privacy, you can just create a new free email
>>> address, just use it for this purpose, and then abandon it when you no
>>> longer need it.

>> This is a job for http://mailinator.com. You give the site at which you
>> want to register any mailbox name @mailinator.com and if any mail goes
>> there for a few hours the box will be created when the server sees it
>> (you don't have to *set up* that mailbox at mailinator). That way, if
>> you need, like, one real email from the site at which you're registering
>> (say, to receive a password), you can get it by checking that box. But
>> then in a few hours the box disappears. Slick, and just right for
>> signups, especially if you might *need* a reply once.
>>
>> --
>> Blinky RLU 297263
>> Killing all posts from Google Groups
>> The Usenet Improvement Project:
>> http://improve-usenet.org <---New Site Aug 28

> I dont understand how it works?

Go to the webpage and read the information about how to use it. You can
read so it should not be hard.

Top

bugmenot warfare? Splibbilla Firefox 1 06-30-2005 04:02 AM
BugMeNot Extension - is the site down? Kneewax Firefox 6 08-28-2004 06:13 PM

Advertisments