Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ActiveX Control on Web Page

ActiveX Control on Web Page

Jonathan Wood

Does anyone have any thoughts about placing an ActiveX control on an ASP.NET
Web page?

Can this be done? Is it a pain?

Does anyone know of anywhere I could read about doing this?

Thanks.

--
Jonathan Wood
SoftCircuits Programming

Eliyahu Goldin

No pain. There is no difference between asp.net and regular html pages in
this respect. If you did it in html, do exactly the same in asp.net. It is
pure client-side functionality

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer

"Jonathan Wood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone have any thoughts about placing an ActiveX control on an
> ASP.NET Web page?
>
> Can this be done? Is it a pain?
>
> Does anyone know of anywhere I could read about doing this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Jonathan Wood
> SoftCircuits Programming
> http://www.softcircuits.com

Mark Rae [MVP]

"Jonathan Wood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Can this be done?

Yes.

> Is it a pain?

No more than using any other IE-only functionality...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...NET%22+ActiveX

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

Jonathan Wood

Thanks.

--
Jonathan Wood
SoftCircuits Programming

"Eliyahu Goldin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> No pain. There is no difference between asp.net and regular html pages in
> this respect. If you did it in html, do exactly the same in asp.net. It is
> pure client-side functionality
>
> --
> Eliyahu Goldin,
> Software Developer
> Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/egoldin
> http://usableasp.net
>

> "Jonathan Wood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Does anyone have any thoughts about placing an ActiveX control on an
>> ASP.NET Web page?
>>
>> Can this be done? Is it a pain?
>>
>> Does anyone know of anywhere I could read about doing this?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Jonathan Wood
>> SoftCircuits Programming