Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Monitor Not Getting On

Monitor Not Getting On

cross

Hi,
I am having a System with Windows Xp Home Edition Installed,
with P4 1.8 CPU and 845 D-link Mother Board..My Prob Started 2 weeks
before, that my Samsung 17 inch Monitor not Getting on, everytime when
i switch on my CPU..But it would Start Blinking and work when we Press
Monitor Button for say 2-3 times.Since i know it was a problem, i was
carrying on with that simple trick, but as luck would have it, now the
monitor Stopped Switching on Even if Pressed Monitor Button for
Numerous Times.I have Checked with the Loose Connection and trying
Putting the Power Cords in Various Plugs..Now i Could hear windows
getting boot up and the welcome music, every time when it starts..But
literaly can't see anyting..Can anyone Please Help out Regarding
this..Pls let me know, if anyone needs Further info to rectify the
Problem..

Thanks
Cross

dadiOH

cross wrote:
> Hi,
> I am having a System with Windows Xp Home Edition Installed,
> with P4 1.8 CPU and 845 D-link Mother Board..My Prob Started 2 weeks
> before, that my Samsung 17 inch Monitor not Getting on, everytime
> when i switch on my CPU..But it would Start Blinking and work when
> we Press Monitor Button for say 2-3 times.Since i know it was a
> problem, i was carrying on with that simple trick, but as luck
> would have it, now the monitor Stopped Switching on Even if Pressed
> Monitor Button for Numerous Times.I have Checked with the Loose
> Connection and trying Putting the Power Cords in Various Plugs..Now
> i Could hear windows getting boot up and the welcome music, every
> time when it starts..But literaly can't see anyting..Can anyone
> Please Help out Regarding this..Pls let me know, if anyone needs
> Further info to rectify the Problem..

I bought a new monitor 4-5 months ago because my three year old
monitor did exactly the same thing as yours.

Have you considered the possibility that your monitor is toast? You
can tell by hooking up another monitor.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

John Holmes

dadiOH "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> cross wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am having a System with Windows Xp Home Edition Installed,
>> with P4 1.8 CPU and 845 D-link Mother Board..My Prob Started 2 weeks
>> before, that my Samsung 17 inch Monitor not Getting on, everytime
>> when i switch on my CPU..But it would Start Blinking and work when
>> we Press Monitor Button for say 2-3 times.Since i know it was a
>> problem, i was carrying on with that simple trick, but as luck
>> would have it, now the monitor Stopped Switching on Even if Pressed
>> Monitor Button for Numerous Times.I have Checked with the Loose
>> Connection and trying Putting the Power Cords in Various Plugs..Now
>> i Could hear windows getting boot up and the welcome music, every
>> time when it starts..But literaly can't see anyting..Can anyone
>> Please Help out Regarding this..Pls let me know, if anyone needs
>> Further info to rectify the Problem..

> I bought a new monitor 4-5 months ago because my three year old
> monitor did exactly the same thing as yours.
>
> Have you considered the possibility that your monitor is toast? You
> can tell by hooking up another monitor.

Do you have any spare power supply? I once connected a second hand
monitor to the GF's box and the monitor wouldn't "start". It did when I
connected it to any of my own boxes. I guessed the monitor did not get
enough power to switch on, so I put a fresh power supply I had sitting
around in the GF's box and all was well.

--
Your mother was a vegetarian chemist who ate worms underneath a bus
shelter.

John Holmes

dadiOH "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> cross wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am having a System with Windows Xp Home Edition Installed,
>> with P4 1.8 CPU and 845 D-link Mother Board..My Prob Started 2 weeks
>> before, that my Samsung 17 inch Monitor not Getting on, everytime
>> when i switch on my CPU..But it would Start Blinking and work when
>> we Press Monitor Button for say 2-3 times.Since i know it was a
>> problem, i was carrying on with that simple trick, but as luck
>> would have it, now the monitor Stopped Switching on Even if Pressed
>> Monitor Button for Numerous Times.I have Checked with the Loose
>> Connection and trying Putting the Power Cords in Various Plugs..Now
>> i Could hear windows getting boot up and the welcome music, every
>> time when it starts..But literaly can't see anyting..Can anyone
>> Please Help out Regarding this..Pls let me know, if anyone needs
>> Further info to rectify the Problem..

> I bought a new monitor 4-5 months ago because my three year old
> monitor did exactly the same thing as yours.
>
> Have you considered the possibility that your monitor is toast? You
> can tell by hooking up another monitor.

Yeah, I know. My previous reply was meant for the OP. Sorry for that,
dadiOH.

--
<snip automated sig>