Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > C# 2.0 (Lotus Notes 6 & 7) Create mail document in draft folder for Lotus Notes

C# 2.0 (Lotus Notes 6 & 7) Create mail document in draft folder for Lotus Notes

SteveM

I could use some of the expertise out there to sort out issues with
what I am trying to do
Any help or suggestion will be appreciated

The Problem:
I have a C# application that I want to create a customized email
document and store it in the draft folder on the machine that the user
of the app is executing on.
I do not want to have to enter (or hard code) a username or password
if the Lotus Notes session is already up and running. We do something
similar to this with Perl and OLE
where if the session is running it simply creates and saves the draft
document to the folder, no prompting no passwords etc. Is it possible
to do this with the COM library using .Net?
I would appreciate your advice or suggestions
Thanks
-Steve

Mark Rae [MVP]

"SteveM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

> I have a C# application that I want to create a customized email
> document and store it in the draft folder on the machine that the user
> of the app is executing on.

You're not going to be able to do that natively because of browser
security...

The user will have to click on a hyperlink in your web page and then specify
the location to save the file...

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

SteveM

On Aug 27, 1:54 pm, "Mark Rae [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "SteveM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>
> > I have a C# application that I want to create a customized email
> > document and store it in the draft folder on the machine that the user
> > of the app is executing on.

> You're not going to be able to do that natively because of browser
> security...
>
> The user will have to click on a hyperlink in your web page and then specify
> the location to save the file...
>
> --
> Mark Rae
> ASP.NET MVPhttp://www.markrae.net

Actually the application doesnt have to be an ASP.NET application,
originally I thought of a simple windows app, but when I searched for
anything on Lotus Notes this group came up. I realized after I sent
the message that it was an ASP.Net group, but my application isnt
really web based at this time... any suggestions on how this can be
done within a standard windows app? (I know I know wrong group.. but
since I have this post open, any suggestions would be helpful)

Thanks
-Steve

Mark Rae [MVP]

"SteveM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> I know I know wrong group.. but since I have this post
> open, any suggestions would be helpful)

Lotus Notes is a bit outside my realm of expertise - I see you've already
posted in the C# forum, so you might get some better suggestions there, but
maybe the best place to ask would be in one of the Notus newsgroups...

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

SteveM

On Aug 27, 3:07 pm, "Mark Rae [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "SteveM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>
> > I know I know wrong group.. but since I have this post
> > open, any suggestions would be helpful)

> Lotus Notes is a bit outside my realm of expertise - I see you've already
> posted in the C# forum, so you might get some better suggestions there, but
> maybe the best place to ask would be in one of the Notus newsgroups...
>
> --
> Mark Rae
> ASP.NET MVPhttp://www.markrae.net

Thanks for the good advice I will look for a Lotus group and post
there as well

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...s%22+newsgroup

--
Mark Rae