Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Problem w/ Text Alignment - IE7 Problem Only

Reply
Thread Tools

Problem w/ Text Alignment - IE7 Problem Only

 
 
Mtmartin71
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-27-2007
For the following web site:

www.thedukestreetkings.com

I am having an issue where the text in the index page (table is
justifying to the left no matter what I try). The problem does not
occur when viewing this with Mozilla Firefox and the text covers the
table appopriately. Looking for any help to see if it's something
within the HTML. Here is the source for the page in question:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<meta name="generator" content="Adobe GoLive">
<title>The Duke Street Kings</title>
<csscriptdict import=""></csscriptdict>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="file:///Users/stin/Library/Preferences/Adobe/GoLive/Settings7/
JScripts/GlobalScripts/CSScriptLib.js"></script>
<csactiondict></csactiondict>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
<!--
var preloadFlag = false;
function preloadImages() {
if (document.images) {
pre_mailinglist_blue = newImage('images/mailinglist_blue.gif');
pre_contact_blue = newImage('images/contact_blue.gif');
pre_home_blue = newImage('images/home_blue.gif');
pre_theband_blue = newImage('images/theband_blue.gif');
pre_songs_blue = newImage('images/songs_blue.gif');
pre_phots_blue = newImage('images/phots_blue.gif');
pre_kingsnews_blue = newImage('images/kingsnews_blue.gif');
preloadFlag = true;
}
}

// -->

function MM_preloadImages() { //v3.0
var d=document; if(d.images){ if(!d.MM_p) d.MM_p=new Array();
var i,j=d.MM_p.length,a=MM_preloadImages.arguments; for(i=0;
i<a.length; i++)
if (a[i].indexOf("#")!=0){ d.MM_p[j]=new Image; d.MM_p[j+
+].src=a[i];}}
}

function MM_swapImgRestore() { //v3.0
var i,x,a=document.MM_sr; for(i=0;a&&i<a.length&&(x=a[i])&&x.oSrc;i+
+) x.src=x.oSrc;
}

function MM_findObj(n, d) { //v4.01
var p,i,x; if(!d) d=document;
if((p=n.indexOf("?"))>0&&parent.frames.length) {
d=parent.frames[n.substring(p+1)].document; n=n.substring(0,p);}
if(!(x=d[n])&&d.all) x=d.all[n]; for (i=0;!x&&i<d.forms.length;i++)
x=d.forms[i][n];
for(i=0;!x&&d.layers&&i<d.layers.length;i++)
x=MM_findObj(n,d.layers[i].document);
if(!x && d.getElementById) x=d.getElementById(n); return x;
}

function MM_swapImage() { //v3.0
var i,j=0,x,a=MM_swapImage.arguments; document.MM_sr=new Array;
for(i=0;i<(a.length-2);i+=3)
if ((x=MM_findObj(a[i]))!=null){document.MM_sr[j++]=x; if(!x.oSrc)
x.oSrc=x.src; x.src=a[i+2];}
}
//-->
</script>
<link rel="SHORTCUT ICON"
href="http://www.thedukestreetkings.com/images/favico.gif">
</head>
<body
onload="preloadImages();MM_preloadImages('images/
bandbio_blue.gif','images/thband_blue.gif','images/
songs_blue.gif','images/phots_blue.gif','images/
kingsnews_blue.gif','images/contact_blue.gif','images/
mailinglist_blue.gif','images/bwbot.jpg')"
bgcolor="#ffffff" link="#ff0000">
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"
height="600" width="100%">
<tbody>
<tr height="221">
<td height="221" valign="top" width="165"><img
src="images/dukestkings2.gif" alt="" border="0"
height="221" width="165"></td>
<td height="221" valign="top">
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"
height="221" width="100%">
<tbody>
<tr bgcolor="#ffffff">
<td colspan="3"><img
src="images/topspacer.gif" border="0"></td>
</tr>
<tr height="174">
<td rowspan="2" colspan="3" align="center"
bgcolor="black">
<table border="0" width="75">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td width="125"><img
src="images/P4171252.jpg" height="100" width="125"></td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td width="208"><a href="#"
onmouseout="MM_swapImgRestore()"
onmouseover="MM_swapImage('DSK','','images/bwbot.jpg',1)"><img
name="DSK" src="images/bwtop.jpg" border="0"
height="100" width="208"></a></td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td width="125"><img
src="images/P4170022.jpg" height="100" width="125"></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
&nbsp;l;</td>
</tr>
<tr>
</tr>
<tr height="47">
<td colspan="3" height="47">&nbsp;</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</td>
<td></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td rowspan="2" align="center" valign="top"
width="165">
<table align="left" bgcolor="black"
cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td width="166"><img
src="images/navbartop.gif" alt="" border="0"
height="40" width="165"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><img
src="images/home.gif" height="40" width="103"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><a href="kingsbio.htm"
onmouseout="MM_swapImgRestore()"
onmouseover="MM_swapImage('bio','','images/bandbio_blue.gif',1)"><img
style="border: 0px solid ; width: 103px; height: 40px;"
src="images/bandbio.gif" alt="King's Bio" name="bio"></a></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><a href="theband.html"
onmouseout="MM_swapImgRestore()"
onmouseover="MM_swapImage('band','','images/thband_blue.gif',1)"><img
src="images/theband.gif" alt="The Band" name="band"
border="0" height="40" width="103"></a></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><a href="songs.html"
onmouseout="MM_swapImgRestore()"
onmouseover="MM_swapImage('songs','','images/songs_blue.gif',1)"><img
src="images/songs.gif" alt="Songs &amp; MP3s" name="songs"
border="0" height="40" width="103"></a></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><a href="photos.html"
onmouseout="MM_swapImgRestore()"
onmouseover="MM_swapImage('photos','','images/phots_blue.gif',
1)"><img
src="images/photos.gif" alt="Fan Photos" name="photos"
border="0" height="40" width="103"></a></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><a href="kingsnews.html"
onmouseout="MM_swapImgRestore()"
onmouseover="MM_swapImage('news','','images/kingsnews_blue.gif',
1)"><img
src="images/kingsnews.gif" alt="King's News" name="news"
border="0" height="40" width="103"></a></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><a href="contact.html"
onmouseout="MM_swapImgRestore()"
onmouseover="MM_swapImage('contact','','images/contact_blue.gif',
1)"><img
src="images/contact.gif" alt="Contact Us" name="contact"
border="0" height="40" width="103"></a></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><a
href="mailinglist.html" onmouseout="MM_swapImgRestore()"
onmouseover="MM_swapImage('mail','','images/mailinglist_blue.gif',
1)"><img
src="images/mailinglist.gif" alt="Mailing List"
name="mail" border="0" height="40" width="103"></a></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><img
src="images/navbarspacer.gif" alt="" name="mailinglist6"
border="0"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><img
src="images/navbarspacer.gif" alt="" name="mailinglist7"
border="0"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><img
src="images/navbarspacer.gif" alt="" name="mailinglist8"
border="0"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><img
src="images/navbarspacer.gif" alt="" name="mailinglist9"
border="0"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><img
src="images/navbarspacer.gif" alt="" name="mailinglist3"
border="0"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><img
src="images/navbarspacer.gif" alt="" name="mailinglist10"
border="0"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><img
src="images/navbarspacer.gif" alt="" name="mailinglist11"
border="0"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><img
src="images/navbarspacer.gif" alt="" name="mailinglist12"
border="0"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><img
src="images/navbarspacer.gif" alt="" name="mailinglist13"
border="0"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><img
src="images/navbarspacer.gif" alt="" name="mailinglist14"
border="0"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><img
src="images/navbarspacer.gif" alt="" name="mailinglist15"
border="0"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><img
src="images/navbarspacer.gif" alt="" name="mailinglist4"
border="0"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="center"><img
src="images/navbarbottom.gif" alt="" name="mailinglist"
border="0"></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</td>
<td rowspan="2" valign="top">
<div align="center">
<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0"
cellspacing="0" width="600">
<tbody>
<tr bgcolor="#000000">
<td rowspan="2" height="124"
valign="middle" width="170">
<div align="center"><font color="#ffffff"
face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"> <img
src="images/inwiththeincrowd.jpg" height="124"
width="125"> </font></div>
</td>
<td colspan="4" height="124">
<div align="center"><font color="#ffffff"
face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="3"><font
color="#333333"><font color="#ffffff">Wanna buy<strong><br>
<em>"In With The In Crowd"</em> <br>
</strong>Directly from CDBaby?</font> </font><font
color="#ffffff"><a
href="http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?
id=14124044&amp;s=143441"
target="_blank"><strong>Click here!</strong></a></font></font></div>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="4" bgcolor="#000000"
height="50">
<div align="center"><font color="#ffffff"><strong>Too
cheap to buy your own? Geez, That's ok...<a
href="incrowdlive.htm">Click
here</a></strong></font></div>
</td>
</tr>
<tr bgcolor="#000000">
<td width="170">
<div align="center"><a
href="images/movies/Roadrunner.mov" target="_blank"><img
src="images/movies/road.gif" alt="DSK Movie" border="0"
height="70" width="140"></a></div>
</td>
<td>
<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center"></div>
</td>
<td width="140">
<div align="center"><a
href="images/movies/RockThisTown2.mov" target="_blank"><img
src="images/movies/rock.gif" alt="DSK Movie" border="0"
height="70" width="140"></a></div>
</td>
<td>
<div align="center"></div>
</td>
<td width="140"><a
href="images/movies/alhinesonguitar.mov" target="_blank"><img
src="images/movies/hines.gif" alt="Al Hines on guitar"
border="0" height="70" width="140"></a></td>
</tr>
<tr bgcolor="#333333">
<td colspan="5">
<div align="center">
<p><a href="buffalorose.htm"><img
src="images/BuffaloRose012607/indexpic.jpg" border="0"
height="140" width="355"></a></p>
<p><font color="#ffffff" size="3">Click
on photo to see more pics from The Buffalo Rose!</font></p>
</div>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="5" bgcolor="#333333"
valign="middle" width="140">
<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center"><font color="#ffffff"
face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="4"><br>
Cool News for our Tenth Annual Blues and BBQ for Better Housin</font>
<p align="left"><font color="#ffffff"
face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3"><br>
We just got the official buy in from the radio station for this year's
event, and <a href="http://www.995themountain.com/"
target="_blank">99.5 The Mountain</a> is now the
"Official Media Sponsor" for the "10th Annual Blues And BBQ For Better
Housing". The Promotion Calendar has cleared November 10, 2007 for the
event. That means that we will be guaranteed a lot more promotional
support, which should translate into more air time and more give-a-way
or auction items. It might even mean more personnel to help out at the
event. Also, the Sales Department is already working on some
sponsorship opportunities.<br>
We are still looking for a corporate sponsor who would match our
donations. If anyone has any Ideas on how to make this a better event
please get in touch with Ranger 720-480-4477. Our goal is to make this
one of the biggest best and most successful fund raisers in the Denver
area. This is totally grass roots and everything we make goes straight
to Habitat. Wouldn't it be cool to be able to build a whole house with
each years proceeds.</font></p>
<p align="center"><font color="#ffffff"
face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3"> "If
you ain't got dreams Bagel, all you got left is nightmares" <br>
-Boogie from the movie Diner<br>
<font size="4"><br>
In other news...</font></font></p>
<p align="left"><font color="#ffffff"
face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">We are
in the process of writing and recording our next CD. Hope to
have it out the end of the year. &nbsp;Gordo is getting married
July 1
so there are not a lot of gigs planned in July but we're looking at
booking some public dates as soon as August. &nbsp;In the meantime,
please contact <a href="(E-Mail Removed)">Ranger
Miller</a> regarding bookings or other music opportunities.</font></p>
<p align="center"><font color="#ffffff"
face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3"> So
"May the good lord shine a light on you, make every song you sing,
your
favorite tune"<br>
-Jagger and Richards</font><br>
</p>
</div>
</td>
</tr>
<tr bgcolor="#000000">
<td colspan="5">
<p align="center"><strong><font
face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3"> </font></strong></p>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
<hr> <strong><font
face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="4"><strong>Upcoming
gigs</strong></font></strong>
<div align="left">
<dl style="text-align: center;">
<dt>August 4th - Private Event</dt>
<dt><font color="#000000"
face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3"><font
color="#000000" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif"
size="3"><font color="#000000"
face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3"><font
color="#000000" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif"
size="3"><font size="2"><font size="3">August
11th - Private Event</font></font></font></font></font></font></dt>
<dt>November 10th - Habitat for Humanity Benefit - <a
href="http://www.dnote.us/">DNote</a> (Arvada, CO)</dt>
<dt><span
style="font-family: Times New Roman,Times,serif;">November
16th - Private Event</span></dt>
<dd></dd>
<dt style="font-weight: bold;"><font
color="#000000" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif"
size="3"><font color="#000000"
face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3"><font
color="#000000" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif"
size="3"><font color="#000000"
face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3"><font
size="2"><font size="3">Currently booking for
Aug - Dec '07</font></font></font></font></font></font></dt>
</dl>
</div>
</div>
<table width="100%">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td align="center"><a href="index.html">Home</a>
| <a href="theband.html">The Band</a> | <a
href="photos.html">Fan Photo Gallery</a> | <a
href="contact.html">Contact Us</a> | <a
href="mailinglist.html">Mailing List</a> | <a
href="songs.html">Song Samples</a>| <a
href="kingsnews.html">Kings' News</a></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</td>
<td></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
<p></p>
</body>
</html>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
John Hosking
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-27-2007
Mtmartin71 wrote:
> For the following web site:
>
> www.thedukestreetkings.com
>
> I am having an issue where the text in the index page (table is
> justifying to the left no matter what I try).


You've got tables nested at least three deep, so it's hard to know which
one to look at. I don't have IE7 here, so it's not obvious to me what's
wonky. In IE6 I see a strong leftist tendency by the text starting with
"Cool News for our Tenth Annual...," but you say it's only in IE7, so I
don't know.

> The problem does not
> occur when viewing this with Mozilla Firefox and the text covers the
> table appopriately. Looking for any help to see if it's something
> within the HTML. Here is the source for the page in question:


But you already gave us the URL. We therefore have the code. Or did you
paste the code here because GoLive added zillions of empty lines to your
markup, making it unreadable?

>
> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">


invokes Quirks mode. Aim for standards mode with, say,
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">

....
> <meta name="generator" content="Adobe GoLive">
> <title>The Duke Street Kings</title>
> <csscriptdict import=""></csscriptdict>


Umm.. <checking the HTML specs...>

> <script type="text/javascript"
> src="file:///Users/stin/Library/Preferences/Adobe/GoLive/Settings7/
> JScripts/GlobalScripts/CSScriptLib.js"></script>


A reduced sample of the problem might help others debugging. I'm not
claiming the JS is causing your problem, but in that case, why not get
rid of it and all other extraneous markup, leaving just the problem?
IAC, I see two JS errors in FF:

Security Error: Content at http://www.thedukestreetkings.com/ may not
load or link to
file:///Users/stin/Library/Preferences/Adobe/GoLive/Settings7/JScripts/GlobalScripts/CSScriptLib.js.

Error: newImage is not defined
Source File: http://www.thedukestreetkings.com/
Line: 65

> <csactiondict></csactiondict>
> <script type="text/javascript">
> <!--
> <!--


Two oddities for the price of one!

....

> <td>
> <div align="center"></div>
> <div align="center"></div>
> <div align="center"></div>
> <div align="center"></div>
> </td>


Bizarre.

....

> </html>


Your code has some validation errors, and while I think they won't cause
the problem you're seeing (I don't know what csscriptdict does), you
might get rid of the errors and make sure.

HTH. In the meantime, remain calm; somebody with IE7 will be along soon.


--
John
Pondering the value of the UIP: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mtmartin71
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-27-2007
On Aug 27, 2:25 pm, John Hosking <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Mtmartin71 wrote:
> > For the following web site:

>
> >www.thedukestreetkings.com

>
> > I am having an issue where the text in the index page (table is
> > justifying to the left no matter what I try).

>
> You've got tables nested at least three deep, so it's hard to know which
> one to look at. I don't have IE7 here, so it's not obvious to me what's
> wonky. In IE6 I see a strong leftist tendency by the text starting with
> "Cool News for our Tenth Annual...," but you say it's only in IE7, so I
> don't know.
>
> > The problem does not
> > occur when viewing this with Mozilla Firefox and the text covers the
> > table appopriately. Looking for any help to see if it's something
> > within the HTML. Here is the source for the page in question:

>
> But you already gave us the URL. We therefore have the code. Or did you
> paste the code here because GoLive added zillions of empty lines to your
> markup, making it unreadable?
>
>
>
> > <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

>
> invokes Quirks mode. Aim for standards mode with, say,
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
> "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
>
> ...
>
> > <meta name="generator" content="Adobe GoLive">
> > <title>The Duke Street Kings</title>
> > <csscriptdict import=""></csscriptdict>

>
> Umm.. <checking the HTML specs...>
>
> > <script type="text/javascript"
> > src="file:///Users/stin/Library/Preferences/Adobe/GoLive/Settings7/
> > JScripts/GlobalScripts/CSScriptLib.js"></script>

>
> A reduced sample of the problem might help others debugging. I'm not
> claiming the JS is causing your problem, but in that case, why not get
> rid of it and all other extraneous markup, leaving just the problem?
> IAC, I see two JS errors in FF:
>
> Security Error: Content athttp://www.thedukestreetkings.com/may not
> load or link to
> file:///Users/stin/Library/Preferences/Adobe/GoLive/Settings7/JScripts/Glob*alScripts/CSScriptLib.js.
>
> Error: newImage is not defined
> Source File:http://www.thedukestreetkings.com/
> Line: 65
>
> > <csactiondict></csactiondict>
> > <script type="text/javascript">
> > <!--
> > <!--

>
> Two oddities for the price of one!
>
> ...
>
> > <td>
> > <div align="center"></div>
> > <div align="center"></div>
> > <div align="center"></div>
> > <div align="center"></div>
> > </td>

>
> Bizarre.
>
> ...
>
> > </html>

>
> Your code has some validation errors, and while I think they won't cause
> the problem you're seeing (I don't know what csscriptdict does), you
> might get rid of the errors and make sure.
>
> HTH. In the meantime, remain calm; somebody with IE7 will be along soon.
>
> --
> John
> Pondering the value of the UIP:http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html


John,

Thanks for your feedback, and pointing out the obvious (that you had
the code via the link). Duh! Sorry...wasn't thinking. I didn't put
this particular site together (nor do I have those skills per se) so
not sure why some of that extraneous code is in there.

Matt

 
Reply With Quote
 
Mtmartin71
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-27-2007

> You've got tables nested at least three deep, so it's hard to know which
> one to look at. I don't have IE7 here, so it's not obvious to me what's
> wonky. In IE6 I see a strong leftist tendency by the text starting with
> "Cool News for our Tenth Annual...," but you say it's only in IE7, so I
> don't know.


One other point of clarification...I only have IE7 and FF2 to test the
site from my computer. I do not have IE6, but if you saw the leftist
tendency in that, it appears to be something in my HTML that is giving
the Microsoft browser a problem.

Matt

 
Reply With Quote
 
Martin Jay
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-28-2007
On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 22:25:37 +0200, John Hosking
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I don't have IE7 here, so it's not obvious to me what's wonky.


Christmas has come early for you!

By following the advice here:
<http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2006/04/test-internet-explorer-7-without.html>
you can run IE7 without installing it.
--
Martin Jay
 
Reply With Quote
 
Martin Jay
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-28-2007
On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:30:34 -0700, Mtmartin71
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>For the following web site:
>
>www.thedukestreetkings.com
>
>I am having an issue where the text in the index page (table is
>justifying to the left no matter what I try). The problem does not
>occur when viewing this with Mozilla Firefox and the text covers the
>table appopriately. Looking for any help to see if it's something
>within the HTML. Here is the source for the page in question:


Presumably the problem is that the text appears as a narrow column in
the left side of the table?

Here's the pesky culprit. The table cell which contains the text is
given a width of 140 in the HTML. Simple remove it.

<td colspan="5" bgcolor="#333333" valign="middle" width="140">

becomes:

<td colspan="5" bgcolor="#333333" valign="middle">
--
Martin Jay
 
Reply With Quote
 
Mtmartin71
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-28-2007
On Aug 27, 6:36 pm, Martin Jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:30:34 -0700, Mtmartin71
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >For the following web site:

>
> >www.thedukestreetkings.com

>
> >I am having an issue where the text in the index page (table is
> >justifying to the left no matter what I try). The problem does not
> >occur when viewing this with Mozilla Firefox and the text covers the
> >table appopriately. Looking for any help to see if it's something
> >within the HTML. Here is the source for the page in question:

>
> Presumably the problem is that the text appears as a narrow column in
> the left side of the table?
>
> Here's the pesky culprit. The table cell which contains the text is
> given a width of 140 in the HTML. Simple remove it.
>
> <td colspan="5" bgcolor="#333333" valign="middle" width="140">
>
> becomes:
>
> <td colspan="5" bgcolor="#333333" valign="middle">
> --
> Martin Jay


Thanks a ton. That did the trick!

Matt

 
Reply With Quote
 
dorayme
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-28-2007
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Martin Jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 22:25:37 +0200, John Hosking
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >I don't have IE7 here, so it's not obvious to me what's wonky.

>
> Christmas has come early for you!
>
> By following the advice here:
> <http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/200...-7-without.htm
> l>
> you can run IE7 without installing it.


But one still needs XP? No good on Win 2000, right?

--
dorayme
 
Reply With Quote
 
Martin Jay
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-28-2007
On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 11:43:26 +1000, dorayme
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Martin Jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:


>> By following the advice here:
>> <http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/200...-7-without.htm
>> you can run IE7 without installing it.


>But one still needs XP? No good on Win 2000, right?


I don't know. But I have a feeling you're right.
--
Martin Jay
 
Reply With Quote
 
Adrienne Boswell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-28-2007
Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Martin Jay
<(E-Mail Removed)> writing in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 11:43:26 +1000, dorayme
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> Martin Jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
>>> By following the advice here:
>>> <http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/200...et-explorer-7-

wi
>>> thout.htm you can run IE7 without installing it.

>
>>But one still needs XP? No good on Win 2000, right?

>
> I don't know. But I have a feeling you're right.


No IE7 for Win2000, must be XP or Win2003.

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info
Please respond to the group so others can share

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem with text alignment alejandro Python 3 03-04-2009 03:28 PM
IE7 and IE7 64-bit in Vista 64-bit 007 Windows 64bit 1 10-28-2008 08:46 PM
How do I setup a 32 bit IE7 since I'm using a 64 Bit IE7 =?Utf-8?B?RXVnZW5l?= Windows 64bit 3 05-06-2007 01:18 PM
IE7 on XP vs IE7 on Vista Jeff Louella HTML 9 03-02-2007 02:25 AM
Text field text alignment Karsten Wutzke HTML 5 12-14-2006 11:09 PM



Advertisments