Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > CSLA Framework - Opinions Please

CSLA Framework - Opinions Please

GaryDean

I'm involved in an assessment of the CSLA Framework developed by Rockford
Lhotka. I would like to hear from anyone who has experience and opinions
regarding the viability and usefulness of this framework.

--
Regards,
Gary Blakely

Juan T. Llibre

If Rocky wrote it...it's viable and useful.
Rocky Lhotka is one of the most respected .Net theorists.

For those unfamiliar with CSLA, here's the link :

http://www.lhotka.net/cslanet/

If what you need to do is manage/implement business logic, you'll find it an invaluable aid.

As with anything, whether it's good for you will depend on how much
effort you're willing to invest in a different way of doing things but,
don't worry about its foundations. CSLA has a good foundation.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
======================================
"GaryDean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:em$j$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm involved in an assessment of the CSLA Framework developed by Rockford Lhotka. I would like to hear from anyone
> who has experience and opinions regarding the viability and usefulness of this framework.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Gary Blakely

sloan

There is an interview with Rocky on DotNetRocks. I'd listen to that. Coming
from his own mouth, you'll get a better understanding.

If I had custom business objects, and needed to bind them (or collections of
them) in a winforms application, then I would def use his framework.

(Aka, he takes care of alot of IEditableObject stuff for you).

The other (often not looked at) piece is something he calls the DataPortal.
I'd look at it, if you had any remoting or wcf intentions.

But his framework is a "all in" thing.

Get his book, and supplement (the supplement is only available at his
website).

But as far as his skills and what he wrote, its top notch stuff.