Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Unable to retrieve the user sid from context.

Unable to retrieve the user sid from context.

ipramod@gmail.com

Hi,

I have a code snippet C# when executed gives the following exception
on IE.

Unable to retrieve the user sid from context. This is typically caused
by the context not yet being set.

Exception Details: System.Exception: Unable to retrieve the user sid
from context. This is typically caused by the context not yet being
set.

Why this exception is raised?

Thanks in adv.,
PI

Steve

Can you please post the code snippet, and give any details about how
your authentication is configured?

Steve C.
MCSD,MCAD,MCSE,MCP+I,CNE,CNA,CCNA

> Hi,
>
> I have a code snippet C# when executed gives the following exception
> on IE.
>
> __________________________________________________ _________________
> Unable to retrieve the user sid from context. This is typically caused
> by the context not yet being set.

> Exception Details: System.Exception: Unable to retrieve the user sid
> from context. This is typically caused by the context not yet being
> set.
> __________________________________________________ ___________________
>
> Why this exception is raised?
>
> Thanks in adv.,
> PI

ipramod@gmail.com

I am using a third party control and I have created a simple web
application. I dont have any new code which is used for security
purpose.

Regards.
PI

On Aug 27, 7:04 pm, Steve <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Can you please post the code snippet, and give any details about how
> your authentication is configured?
>
> Steve C.
> MCSD,MCAD,MCSE,MCP+I,CNE,CNA,CCNA
>

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > Hi,

> > I have a code snippet C# when executed gives the following exception
> > on IE.

> > __________________________________________________ _________________
> > Unable to retrieve the user sid from context. This is typically caused
> > by the context not yet being set.

> > the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more
> > information about the error and where it originated in the code.

> > Exception Details: System.Exception: Unable to retrieve the user sid
> > from context. This is typically caused by the context not yet being
> > set.

> > Why this exception is raised?

> > Thanks in adv.,
> > PI- Hide quoted text -

Steve

It sounds like the user isn't authenticated in any way before the sid
check is made. If the 3rd party control is causing this error, it may be
that Windows authentication is needed, or that *some* authentication is
expected before this control runs. I would contact the control's author
for support.