Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > One way network

Reply
Thread Tools

One way network

 
 
ilyaz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-27-2007
I have two WinXP Home machine A and B, which were networking wireless.
Everything was fine for a long while. Today, suddenly, I was able to get
from a machine A to machine B, but when I tried to get to A from B, I got
error "Network is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
network resource. Contact the administrator... (I am the administrator!).
The network path was not found".
What went wrong today? Why I can get from A to B, but not from B to A? How
can I restore the networking both ways?
Any help is appreciated.

--
Ilya Zeldes
Fort Myers, Florida


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-27-2007
Hi
Successful Sharing involves some general consideration in Network
settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
As well as specific adjustment of each computer according to what it is
allowed to be shared.
Vista File and Printer Sharing-
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/net.../vista_fp.mspx
Basic XP -
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...lesharing.mspx
Printer Sharing XP -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...utt_july2.mspx
Windows Native Firewall setting for Sharing XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
Windows XP patch for Sharing with Vista -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"ilyaz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have two WinXP Home machine A and B, which were networking wireless.
>Everything was fine for a long while. Today, suddenly, I was able to get
>from a machine A to machine B, but when I tried to get to A from B, I got
>error "Network is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
>network resource. Contact the administrator... (I am the administrator!).
>The network path was not found".
> What went wrong today? Why I can get from A to B, but not from B to A? How
> can I restore the networking both ways?
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> --
> Ilya Zeldes
> Fort Myers, Florida
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
ilyaz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-27-2007
Jack,
perhaps I was not clear in my original post... My network was set up long
ago and worked just fine both ways: accessing, sharing, etc. But yesterday,
suddenly, it started to work just one way... What caused this change? How to
prevent it in the future? How to repair it? Is the setting a new network the
only way?
Thanks for your suggestions.
Ilya

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> Successful Sharing involves some general consideration in Network
> settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
> As well as specific adjustment of each computer according to what it is
> allowed to be shared.
> Vista File and Printer Sharing-
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/net.../vista_fp.mspx
> Basic XP -
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...lesharing.mspx
> Printer Sharing XP -
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...utt_july2.mspx
> Windows Native Firewall setting for Sharing XP -
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
> Windows XP patch for Sharing with Vista -
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "ilyaz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have two WinXP Home machine A and B, which were networking wireless.
>>Everything was fine for a long while. Today, suddenly, I was able to get
>>from a machine A to machine B, but when I tried to get to A from B, I got
>>error "Network is not accessible. You might not have permission to use
>>this network resource. Contact the administrator... (I am the
>>administrator!). The network path was not found".
>> What went wrong today? Why I can get from A to B, but not from B to A?
>> How can I restore the networking both ways?
>> Any help is appreciated.
>>
>> --
>> Ilya Zeldes
>> Fort Myers, Florida
>>

>



 
Reply With Quote
 
ilyaz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-27-2007
Right after I sent the previous message, I checked my network... Surprise,
it works both ways today... So, here's another question: what happened?
Ilya

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> Successful Sharing involves some general consideration in Network
> settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
> As well as specific adjustment of each computer according to what it is
> allowed to be shared.
> Vista File and Printer Sharing-
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/net.../vista_fp.mspx
> Basic XP -
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...lesharing.mspx
> Printer Sharing XP -
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...utt_july2.mspx
> Windows Native Firewall setting for Sharing XP -
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
> Windows XP patch for Sharing with Vista -
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "ilyaz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have two WinXP Home machine A and B, which were networking wireless.
>>Everything was fine for a long while. Today, suddenly, I was able to get
>>from a machine A to machine B, but when I tried to get to A from B, I got
>>error "Network is not accessible. You might not have permission to use
>>this network resource. Contact the administrator... (I am the
>>administrator!). The network path was not found".
>> What went wrong today? Why I can get from A to B, but not from B to A?
>> How can I restore the networking both ways?
>> Any help is appreciated.
>>
>> --
>> Ilya Zeldes
>> Fort Myers, Florida
>>

>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Charlie Hoffpauir
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-27-2007
On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 08:07:28 -0400, "ilyaz" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Right after I sent the previous message, I checked my network... Surprise,
>it works both ways today... So, here's another question: what happened?
>Ilya

For a wireless network, I'd strongly suspect some environmental
influence..... wireless telephone, microwave oven, perhaps a
neighbor's.


--
Charlie Hoffpauir
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~charlieh/
 
Reply With Quote
 
ilyaz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-27-2007
Charlie,
I think you're right. However, there was no visible change in the
environment... Also, I'd guess, it could be some glitch within a router...
Well, who knows... But if someone has more suggestions, I'd appreciate
hearing from you.
Ilya

"Charlie Hoffpauir" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 08:07:28 -0400, "ilyaz" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Right after I sent the previous message, I checked my network... Surprise,
>>it works both ways today... So, here's another question: what happened?
>>Ilya

> For a wireless network, I'd strongly suspect some environmental
> influence..... wireless telephone, microwave oven, perhaps a
> neighbor's.
>
>
> --
> Charlie Hoffpauir
> http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~charlieh/



 
Reply With Quote
 
Jack \(MVP-Networking\).
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-27-2007
Hi
Nah, environmental, if it affect the Wireless connection it affect
everything (Internet and both way file transfer).
Network is a dynamic system some changes might occurs within the system with
No outside intervention.
As an Example, most people have a Router and their computers obtain IP
automatically. If a lease expires, or something else happened that forces
the DHCP to reassign IP it might assign a different IP to a computer, or
computers. It takes the network some time (or and may a system boot) to
readjust itself to the computers being in a different address.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"ilyaz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Charlie,
> I think you're right. However, there was no visible change in the
> environment... Also, I'd guess, it could be some glitch within a router...
> Well, who knows... But if someone has more suggestions, I'd appreciate
> hearing from you.
> Ilya
>
> "Charlie Hoffpauir" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 08:07:28 -0400, "ilyaz" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Right after I sent the previous message, I checked my network...
>>>Surprise,
>>>it works both ways today... So, here's another question: what happened?
>>>Ilya

>> For a wireless network, I'd strongly suspect some environmental
>> influence..... wireless telephone, microwave oven, perhaps a
>> neighbor's.
>>
>>
>> --
>> Charlie Hoffpauir
>> http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~charlieh/

>
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
ilyaz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-27-2007
What ever happened, happened... So far I'm back in business and thank you
for your advice.
Ilya

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> Nah, environmental, if it affect the Wireless connection it affect
> everything (Internet and both way file transfer).
> Network is a dynamic system some changes might occurs within the system
> with No outside intervention.
> As an Example, most people have a Router and their computers obtain IP
> automatically. If a lease expires, or something else happened that forces
> the DHCP to reassign IP it might assign a different IP to a computer, or
> computers. It takes the network some time (or and may a system boot) to
> readjust itself to the computers being in a different address.
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "ilyaz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%23%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Charlie,
>> I think you're right. However, there was no visible change in the
>> environment... Also, I'd guess, it could be some glitch within a
>> router... Well, who knows... But if someone has more suggestions, I'd
>> appreciate hearing from you.
>> Ilya
>>
>> "Charlie Hoffpauir" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 08:07:28 -0400, "ilyaz" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>>Right after I sent the previous message, I checked my network...
>>>>Surprise,
>>>>it works both ways today... So, here's another question: what happened?
>>>>Ilya
>>> For a wireless network, I'd strongly suspect some environmental
>>> influence..... wireless telephone, microwave oven, perhaps a
>>> neighbor's.
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Charlie Hoffpauir
>>> http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~charlieh/

>>
>>

>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
way way way OT: MCNGP Announcement Neil MCSE 174 04-17-2006 05:55 PM
AMD Opteron: 1-way, 2-way, ... Up to 8-way. John John Windows 64bit 12 12-27-2005 08:17 AM
One-way Network Problem Linw Wireless Networking 2 04-17-2005 09:11 AM
One-way Network Keith Woolf Wireless Networking 0 02-01-2005 08:54 PM
Can only see one way on network. =?Utf-8?B?Ui1EdWI=?= Wireless Networking 6 12-30-2004 07:21 AM



Advertisments