Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > comuter making a noise

comuter making a noise

crazyal

hi, a few weeks ago my computer started making a weird noise it sounds
like someone revving a car engine up and its really loud the computers
about 5 years old so its probably going to die any way but I'm just
wondering what it could be.
Cheers

tony sayer

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
crazyal <(E-Mail Removed)> scribeth thus
>hi, a few weeks ago my computer started making a weird noise it sounds
>like someone revving a car engine up and its really loud the computers
>about 5 years old so its probably going to die any way but I'm just
>wondering what it could be.
>Cheers

Sounds like the CPU cooling fan is on its way out, quite simple to
replace/change...
--
Tony Sayer

sandy58

On Aug 26, 6:35 pm, tony sayer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> crazyal <(E-Mail Removed)> scribeth thus
>
> >hi, a few weeks ago my computer started making a weird noise it sounds
> >like someone revving a car engine up and its really loud the computers
> >about 5 years old so its probably going to die any way but I'm just
> >wondering what it could be.
> >Cheers

> Sounds like the CPU cooling fan is on its way out, quite simple to
> replace/change...
> --
> Tony Sayer

<grin> or two?

jinxy

On Aug 26, 3:24 pm, sandy58 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Aug 26, 6:35 pm, tony sayer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> > crazyal <(E-Mail Removed)> scribeth thus

> > >hi, a few weeks ago my computer started making a weird noise it sounds
> > >like someone revving a car engine up and its really loud the computers
> > >about 5 years old so its probably going to die any way but I'm just
> > >wondering what it could be.
> > >Cheers

> > Sounds like the CPU cooling fan is on its way out, quite simple to
> > replace/change...
> > --
> > Tony Sayer

> <grin> or

If you have a video card installed, it could also be the small fan on
the card. Change the fan easy and cheap.
-J