Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Personal Toolbar folder missing

Personal Toolbar folder missing

Charani

I use Mozilla Suite as my browser and I've just gone to add a new
bookmark to the Personal Toolbar folder and it isn't there in the
Bookmarks any more. The actual contents of it still show at the top
of the screen, but I can't add or remove anything.

Can someone please tell me how to reinstate it, please?

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Charani wrote:
> I use Mozilla Suite as my browser and I've just gone to add a new
> bookmark to the Personal Toolbar folder and it isn't there in the
> Bookmarks any more. The actual contents of it still show at the top
> of the screen, but I can't add or remove anything.
>
> Can someone please tell me how to reinstate it, please?

try View, Show/Hide, Personal Toolbar, Personal Toolbar. Or
hit F1. Did that work?

or Reply to Author. Thanks!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Charani

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 10:25:47 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
wrote:

> try View, Show/Hide, Personal Toolbar, Personal Toolbar. Or
> hit F1. Did that work?

That takes it off the screen at the top. That's still there which
suggests the folder must still also be around somewhere.

When I open the Bookmark Manager or Sidebar, the Personal Toolbar
folder was at the top with a line underneath it. It's not there
anymore.

I've checked all the other folders to see if it's been accidentally
moved into one of them but I can't see it there either.

I've found a temporary way around it, but it's not a terribly
convenient solution.

Charani wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 10:25:47 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
> wrote:
>
>> try View, Show/Hide, Personal Toolbar, Personal Toolbar. Or
>> hit F1. Did that work?

> That takes it off the screen at the top. That's still there which
> suggests the folder must still also be around somewhere.
>
> When I open the Bookmark Manager or Sidebar, the Personal Toolbar
> folder was at the top with a line underneath it. It's not there
> anymore.
>
> I've checked all the other folders to see if it's been accidentally
> moved into one of them but I can't see it there either.
>
> I've found a temporary way around it, but it's not a terribly
> convenient solution.

then try reading this. You might find your answer:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Lost_bookmarks

or Reply to Author. Thanks!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Charani

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 09:58:47 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
wrote:

> then try reading this. You might find your answer:
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Lost_bookmarks

Many thanks ) Got it back again )