Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > need recommendation for external dvd drive

need recommendation for external dvd drive

googleplex

Hi, everyone,

I need to replace my old Sony dvd drive / burner. Can anyone
recommend a replacement. It needs to be firewire, DVD -r, dvd+r

Please include model #'s with your suggestions if possible.

thanks

ChairmanOfTheBored

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 08:16:33 -0700, googleplex <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi, everyone,
>
>I need to replace my old Sony dvd drive / burner. Can anyone
>recommend a replacement. It needs to be firewire, DVD -r, dvd+r
>
>Please include model #'s with your suggestions if possible.
>
>thanks

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News...x?NewsId=16049

http://www.consumersearch.com/www/co...FQ4cYAod0Ea11w

def456

"googleplex" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Hi, everyone,
>
> I need to replace my old Sony dvd drive / burner. Can anyone
> recommend a replacement. It needs to be firewire, DVD -r, dvd+r

Why not an internal drive? It's fairly easy to install an optical drive.
Unplug the old one, and plug in the new one, same connections. Or if you've
got an unused 5.5" drive bay, put it in as a second drive (slave/master).

googleplex

Because it used with different computers in different locations...

Does ANYONE have a recommendation for a good external DVD burner?