Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > I think I have a birthday coming up before long

Reply
Thread Tools

I think I have a birthday coming up before long

 
 
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-26-2007
(hint, hint)

http://www.teslamotors.com/
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
philo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-26-2007

"Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed) om...
> (hint, hint)
>
> http://www.teslamotors.com/



Of course anyone who could afford the car would not be troubled by $10 a
gallon gasoline



--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-26-2007
philo wrote:
> "Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed) om...
>> (hint, hint)
>>
>> http://www.teslamotors.com/

>
>
> Of course anyone who could afford the car would not be troubled by $10 a
> gallon gasoline


Yeah, but you'd be the coolest dude cruising through Dairy Queen on
Saturday night.
 
Reply With Quote
 
deno
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-26-2007
philo wrote:
> "Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed) om...
>> (hint, hint)
>>
>> http://www.teslamotors.com/

>
>
> Of course anyone who could afford the car would not be troubled by $10 a
> gallon gasoline
>
>
>


I really don't like saying it, but remember those little one man
cars that had the door in front? The windshield was half of the
door? I'm not sure, but I think they had one wheel in back and
thats the one that steered it?

Oh, happy d'day Roger. Get yourself something practical that comes
with all the necessary hardware. These Tesla things don't do well
against RPG's.

deno
 
Reply With Quote
 
Mike Yetto
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-26-2007
Bada bing Rôgêr <(E-Mail Removed)> bada bang:
> philo wrote:
>> "Rôgêr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed) om...
>>> (hint, hint)
>>>
>>> http://www.teslamotors.com/

>>
>>
>> Of course anyone who could afford the car would not be troubled by $10 a
>> gallon gasoline

>
> Yeah, but you'd be the coolest dude cruising through Dairy Queen on
> Saturday night.


Put leg pipes on it and it will still sound like a sewing
machine.

Mike "vroom, VROOM or hummmmmmmmm?" Yetto
--
"There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free
government ought to be to trust no man living with power to
endanger the public liberty."
- John Adams
 
Reply With Quote
 
philo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-26-2007

"deno" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:011cc0e9$0$8725$(E-Mail Removed)...
> philo wrote:
> > "Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news(E-Mail Removed) om...
> >> (hint, hint)
> >>
> >> http://www.teslamotors.com/

> >
> >
> > Of course anyone who could afford the car would not be troubled by $10 a
> > gallon gasoline
> >
> >
> >

>
> I really don't like saying it, but remember those little one man
> cars that had the door in front? The windshield was half of the
> door? I'm not sure, but I think they had one wheel in back and
> thats the one that steered it?
>
> Oh, happy d'day Roger. Get yourself something practical that comes
> with all the necessary hardware. These Tesla things don't do well
> against RPG's.
>
> deno



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isetta


a teacher in my school had one
and the kids often picked it up and put it up on the curb!



--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

 
Reply With Quote
 
deno
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-26-2007
philo wrote:
> "deno" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:011cc0e9$0$8725$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> philo wrote:
>>> "Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news(E-Mail Removed) om...
>>>> (hint, hint)
>>>>
>>>> http://www.teslamotors.com/
>>>
>>> Of course anyone who could afford the car would not be troubled by $10 a
>>> gallon gasoline
>>>
>>>
>>>

>> I really don't like saying it, but remember those little one man
>> cars that had the door in front? The windshield was half of the
>> door? I'm not sure, but I think they had one wheel in back and
>> thats the one that steered it?
>>
>> Oh, happy d'day Roger. Get yourself something practical that comes
>> with all the necessary hardware. These Tesla things don't do well
>> against RPG's.
>>
>> deno

>
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isetta
>
>
> a teacher in my school had one
> and the kids often picked it up and put it up on the curb!
>
>
>


Thats it! LOL.
http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...h+Images&gbv=2

My best friend in high school did that with a teacher's
volkswagen, only he did it by himself...the front end...rested it
on top of those 2 feet high dome topped wooden posts they used to
use as barriers in the parking lot at school! Why didn't we have
digital camera's back then?

I saw a guy flip and roll one of these isettas in front of me and
he did at least a triple sommersault about 30 feet high,
silouetted by the setting sun, and landed on his head. I'll never
forget the sight of that highway patrolman matter of factly
picking his still attached head up by the hair and shaking it like
it wasn't. "Cause of death," he said, "why no one should own one
of these damn SAABS." I said, "yep, thats why I have a '61 Chevy
Bel-Air."

Which leads me to wonder, are we going to have battery bone yards
for electric cars some day? Bottom of Crater Lake maybe? Or
somewhere in Yellowstone?

deno
 
Reply With Quote
 
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-26-2007
deno wrote:
> philo wrote:
>> "deno" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:011cc0e9$0$8725$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> philo wrote:
>>>> "Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>> news(E-Mail Removed) om...
>>>>> (hint, hint)
>>>>>
>>>>> http://www.teslamotors.com/
>>>>
>>>> Of course anyone who could afford the car would not be troubled by
>>>> $10 a
>>>> gallon gasoline
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>> I really don't like saying it, but remember those little one man
>>> cars that had the door in front? The windshield was half of the
>>> door? I'm not sure, but I think they had one wheel in back and
>>> thats the one that steered it?
>>>
>>> Oh, happy d'day Roger. Get yourself something practical that comes
>>> with all the necessary hardware. These Tesla things don't do well
>>> against RPG's.
>>>
>>> deno

>>
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isetta
>>
>>
>> a teacher in my school had one
>> and the kids often picked it up and put it up on the curb!
>>
>>
>>

>
> Thats it! LOL.
> http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...h+Images&gbv=2
>
> My best friend in high school did that with a teacher's volkswagen, only
> he did it by himself...the front end...rested it on top of those 2 feet
> high dome topped wooden posts they used to use as barriers in the
> parking lot at school! Why didn't we have digital camera's back then?
>
> I saw a guy flip and roll one of these isettas in front of me and he did
> at least a triple sommersault about 30 feet high, silouetted by the
> setting sun, and landed on his head. I'll never forget the sight of that
> highway patrolman matter of factly picking his still attached head up by
> the hair and shaking it like it wasn't. "Cause of death," he said, "why
> no one should own one of these damn SAABS." I said, "yep, thats why I
> have a '61 Chevy Bel-Air."
>
> Which leads me to wonder, are we going to have battery bone yards for
> electric cars some day? Bottom of Crater Lake maybe? Or somewhere in
> Yellowstone?


If you poke around in the press section of the Tesla site, there's a
review of the car by Jay Leno. He still drives an electric car from
about 1908. I wouldn't get the graveyard all ready for them just yet.
 
Reply With Quote
 
WhzzKdd
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-26-2007
"Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed) om...
> (hint, hint)
>
> http://www.teslamotors.com/
>


Oh that's not on my list. Try this:
http://www.marineturbine.com/motorsports.asp
http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...e/1302876.html

Christmas, anyone?


 
Reply With Quote
 
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-26-2007
WhzzKdd wrote:
> "Rgr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed) om...
>> (hint, hint)
>>
>> http://www.teslamotors.com/
>>

>
> Oh that's not on my list. Try this:
> http://www.marineturbine.com/motorsports.asp
> http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...e/1302876.html


A bullet is cheaper and will accomplish the same result.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Having compilation error: no match for call to (const __gnu_cxx::hash<long long int>) (const long long int&) veryhotsausage C++ 1 07-04-2008 05:41 PM
long long and long Mathieu Dutour C Programming 4 07-24-2007 11:15 AM
PyCon is Coming! PyCon is Coming! Steve Holden Python 0 01-05-2006 11:53 AM
unsigned long long int to long double Daniel Rudy C Programming 5 09-20-2005 02:37 AM
Assigning unsigned long to unsigned long long George Marsaglia C Programming 1 07-08-2003 05:16 PM



Advertisments