Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > OE running Messenger

OE running Messenger

John

I have Outlook Express 6 and it keeps running Messenger whenever I
open it which I don't want it to do.

I have been into Tools, Options and General and unchecked the box that
says to automatically log on to Windows Messenger.

When I go back into OE though it still runs Messenger automatically.
Anyone know how to fix this and get rid of Messenger?

Cheers

John

Mountain Mike^^

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have Outlook Express 6 and it keeps running Messenger whenever I
> open it which I don't want it to do.
>
> I have been into Tools, Options and General and unchecked the box that
> says to automatically log on to Windows Messenger.
>
> When I go back into OE though it still runs Messenger automatically.
> Anyone know how to fix this and get rid of Messenger?

Yeah, you have to edit some config files and also you can disable it in
sys/local/run, but I've forgotten really how. I suggest you switch to Ubuntu
and forgetaboutit.