Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Anchoring in OpenOffice Calc.

Anchoring in OpenOffice Calc.

Ben P.

I'm using OpenOffice.org 2.2.1 and I'm having trouble anchoring things
in Calc. When I select a cell, group of cells, or row/column, then go
to Format > Anchor, both of the options ("To Page" and "To Cell") are
grayed out.

For the record, I've had this same issue in past releases of
OpenOffice, on multiple computers. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong
and someone recognizes what that is.

Thanks for your help.

-Ben

Mike Easter

Ben P. wrote:

> I'm using OpenOffice.org 2.2.1 and I'm having trouble anchoring things
> in Calc. When I select a cell, group of cells, or row/column, then go
> to Format > Anchor, both of the options ("To Page" and "To Cell") are
> grayed out.
>
> For the record, I've had this same issue in past releases of
> OpenOffice, on multiple computers. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong
> and someone recognizes what that is.

There's a forum for OOO Calc for people who like to read and write with
their browser

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewforum.phtml?f=3 OOoForum.org
orum -- OpenOffice.org Calc

--
Mike Easter

Ben P.

On Aug 25, 7:04 pm, "Mike Easter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> There's a forum for OOO Calc for people who like to read and write with
> their browser

Mike, I'm sorry if I've offended you by not using a newsgroup client
to post in a single thread.

In other news, I have found out what I was doing wrong -- I had the
terminology wrong, and what I needed was actually the "Freeze"
feature.

Thanks,
Ben

Mike Easter

Ben P. wrote:
> "Mike Easter"

>> There's a forum for OOO Calc for people who like to read and write
>> with their browser

> Mike, I'm sorry if I've offended you by not using a newsgroup client
> to post in a single thread.

It is not a matter of me being offended. My suggestion about the OOO
Calc forum was a legitimate and honest recommendation. I even went over
there to see what the activity level was like.

On many occasions, there is some webforum where there is much more
specific expertise in a particular area than the newsgroup where a
question was originally asked. For example the ubuntu forum is a much
much much busier place than alt.os.linux.ubuntu. But I wouldn't
recommend to an nntp newsreader that they go to the ub forum unless
there was no other recommendation I could give them, because a great
many newsers prefer the nntp interface instead of a browser interface to
communicate in a community exchange of information.

Personally I absolutely hate to 'converse' with a web browser in a web
forum and I would never consider communicating in a newsgroup with GG
under ordinary circumstances.

However, that consideration does not apply to a googlegrouper, who has
chosen a browser to communicate in a medium principally attended by nntp
newsers. So, therefore I felt that the OOO Calc forum would be an
excellent place for a GGer to commiserate; ask and answer questions.

> In other news, I have found out what I was doing wrong -- I had the
> terminology wrong, and what I needed was actually the "Freeze"
> feature.

Good.

--
Mike Easter