Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Virgin broadband on cable - wifi connection?

Virgin broadband on cable - wifi connection?

nobody >

Julie wrote:
> Gordon wrote:
>> "Gazwad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:bxeu0s$zhl$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Gordon <(E-Mail Removed)>, the beady-eyed-deadbeat and
>>> tragicomical one of them who likes depraved conker wonking with
>>> corgis, and whose partner is a Sidewalk Suzie with an untidy

>>> You dumb ****.
>>>

>> The OP already HAS a MODEM and is only wanting to connect ONE machine
>> (AFAICS) so _why would he need a ROUTER_ you STUPID ARSEHOLE?

> You really don't know, do you. Sad.

I'd killfile Gordumb, but that would be selfish, Besides, he's so much
fun to taunt.

Gazwad

Gordon <(E-Mail Removed)>, the exhausted-pariah and cum
swallowing poodle-queen who likes hurtful yogurt coughing with hamsters,
and whose partner is a slapper with a defective clam canal, wrote in
<(E-Mail Removed)>:
> "Gazwad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ykx6l8$fx3$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Geoff Pearson <(E-Mail Removed)>, the dreary-floater and macho
>> shandy who likes hurtful ass opening with maggots, and whose partner is
>> a flash-woman with a whiskerless rug, wrote in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>:
>>> My nephew has just been connected to Virgin broadband on cable. His
>>> modem
>>> offers one Ethernet socket. What should he plug into this to give him
>>> wireless connection through out his flat?
>>>

>> Ignore those other two stupid *****.
>>
>> You want to buy a CABLE router.
>> When you go into currys tell the stupid sales **** that you have "NTL
>> Cable".
>> Whatever you do make sure that it doesn't say ADSL on the box they try to
>> sell you, the little bastards always try to sell you the wrong ****,
>> they're
>> trained that way.
>>
>> If you want to connect anything else wirelessly then by all means let
>> them
>> sell you a bundle which includes a USB Wireless dongle thingy as well as
>> the
>> router.
>>
>> If you want thing to go smoothly and to remain trouble free then buy
>> Netgear
>> although they will almost certainly try to force you to buy Belkin crap.
>>
>> When you get the correct box home you simply switch off your modem, plug
>> the
>> router into the mains and use the supplied Ethernet cable to connect from
>> the WAN port on the router to the modem. Switch the modem and router back
>> on
>> and wait a bit then access the router and set it all up.

> Ignore this stupid mother****er - if the OP uses a WAP he doesn't NEED to
> "set it up" - it just WORKS. Stupid dumb PRICK!

Your stupidity exceeds those other stupid ****'s

HTH

is but a dream within a dream.