Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Not so surprising...???

Not so surprising...???

The Translucent Amoebae

i have a Samsung Digimax 201 ( about 5 years old ) and perhaps, to
some, it is not so surprising that Samsung has completely, completely
completely, disowned this camera, they completely deny ever having
manufactured one of these...???
It just seems to me, ( the idiot ) that large multi-international
companies should maintain a modicum of information about all there
past products, for if no other reason, historical use.
Particularly, accompanying software, which would take up a very small
amount of memory on their computers...???
What i'm looking for is the interface software for it, ( the camera )
and a Macintosh with OSX.
Which probably doesn't exist.
Alternative approach: is there anyway that i can download pictures
from the camera ( directly - even i can figure it out using a SD
card ) to the Computer...???
Thanx!

John Turco

The Translucent Amoebae wrote:

> i have a Samsung Digimax 201 ( about 5 years old ) and perhaps, to
> some, it is not so surprising that Samsung has completely, completely
> completely, disowned this camera, they completely deny ever having
> manufactured one of these...???
> It just seems to me, ( the idiot ) that large multi-international
> companies should maintain a modicum of information about all there
> past products, for if no other reason, historical use.
> Particularly, accompanying software, which would take up a very small
> amount of memory on their computers...???
> What i'm looking for is the interface software for it, ( the camera )
> and a Macintosh with OSX.
> Which probably doesn't exist.
> Alternative approach: is there anyway that i can download pictures
> from the camera ( directly - even i can figure it out using a SD
> card ) to the Computer...???
> Thanx!

Hello,

You don't truly need Samsung's software, to transfer photos from your
camera to the computer. Just buy a cheap card reader, and stick the SD,
in it...it's a much faster method, anyway.

Good luck!

Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>