Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > trojan

trojan

Twitchy

I keep getting a virus called Sinstod A and when I google it it only finds
about 3 sites and they're foreign sites. Blueyonder PC Guard tells me it
cant delete it so when I go to the virus centre there is no information.
please help

Thanks

Evan Platt

On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 14:42:47 GMT, "Twitchy"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I keep getting a virus called Sinstod A and when I google it it only finds
>about 3 sites and they're foreign sites. Blueyonder PC Guard tells me it
>cant delete it so when I go to the virus centre there is no information.
>please help

Download a real AntiVirus program.

Avast is a good one.

ded

"Twitchy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HdXzi.2470$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I keep getting a virus called Sinstod A and when I google it it only finds
>about 3 sites and they're foreign sites. Blueyonder PC Guard tells me it
>cant delete it so when I go to the virus centre there is no information.
> please help
>
> Thanks

In online virus encyclopedia's and definition listings, Sinstod A is varient
of one of the most common and long established worms, it derives from
BKDR_RIPINER.A

Pasted from database:
This memory-resident backdoor program arrives on a system as a dropped file
of A2KM_ACDROPPER.A.
It opens random ports, which allow a remote user to perform malicious
commands,
such as gathering system information on the affected machine. The said
routine
compromises system security. It then connects to a certain URL to send the
stolen
information.
End of article.

It is currently prevelent in spam email of the ilk:
"Someone has sent you a greeting" or as a PDF attachment.
Don't open spam, don't open any attachments as your PC has not got the
ability
to scan.

Try this free online scan
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Buffalo

Twitchy wrote:
> I keep getting a virus called Sinstod A and when I google it it only
> finds about 3 sites and they're foreign sites. Blueyonder PC Guard
> tells me it cant delete it so when I go to the virus centre there is
> no information. please help
>
> Thanks

Try here:
http://ca.com/nl/securityadvisor/pes...x?id=453115214

Just put sinstod in the search box instead of sinstod a .

deno

Evan Platt wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 14:42:47 GMT, "Twitchy"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I keep getting a virus called Sinstod A and when I google it it only finds
>> about 3 sites and they're foreign sites. Blueyonder PC Guard tells me it
>> cant delete it so when I go to the virus centre there is no information.
>> please help

> Download a real AntiVirus program.
>
> Avast is a good one.

And it's free to the home user.

Muze Gruppes

deno wrote:
> Evan Platt wrote:
>> On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 14:42:47 GMT, "Twitchy"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> I keep getting a virus called Sinstod A and when I google it it only
>>> finds about 3 sites and they're foreign sites. Blueyonder PC Guard
>>> tells me it cant delete it so when I go to the virus centre there is
>>> no information.
>>> please help

>> Download a real AntiVirus program.
>>
>> Avast is a good one.

> And it's free to the home user.

I concur, works like a charm, 5 star rated by Cnet/download.com and
updates frequently. AVG is free also but gave several false positives
which made me switch to Avast.

and it's Free! (kind of amazing how a free AV is better than a paid
one... say McAdisaster....)

Twitchy

downloaded avast and ran a thorough scan but it did not find or get rid of
my problem, any further help would be appreciated

"Twitchy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HdXzi.2470$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I keep getting a virus called Sinstod A and when I google it it only finds
>about 3 sites and they're foreign sites. Blueyonder PC Guard tells me it
>cant delete it so when I go to the virus centre there is no information.
> please help
>
> Thanks

Top

Evan Platt wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 14:42:47 GMT, "Twitchy"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I keep getting a virus called Sinstod A and when I google it it only finds
>>about 3 sites and they're foreign sites. Blueyonder PC Guard tells me it
>>cant delete it so when I go to the virus centre there is no information.
>>please help

> Download a real AntiVirus program.
>
> Avast is a good one.

AVG does a decent job also. It also is free to home users.
Top

lobo

I did not notice what operating system your are running. In the past when I
caught a bug, I had to turn off system restore>boot to safe mode>run virus
scan. Found the bug in the restore area. I am using MS XP Pro. If you try
this, do remember to turn on system restore.
Good Luck!!
"Twitchy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:evjAi.9009$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> downloaded avast and ran a thorough scan but it did not find or get rid of
> my problem, any further help would be appreciated
>
> "Twitchy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:HdXzi.2470$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I keep getting a virus called Sinstod A and when I google it it only finds
>>about 3 sites and they're foreign sites. Blueyonder PC Guard tells me it
>>cant delete it so when I go to the virus centre there is no information.
>> please help
>>
>> Thanks

Plato

Twitchy wrote:

> I keep getting a virus called Sinstod A and when I google it it only finds
> about 3 sites and they're foreign sites. Blueyonder PC Guard tells me it
> cant delete it so when I go to the virus centre there is no information.

Look up Utils/antivirus

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/