Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can anyone help retrive my Yahoo! password

Can anyone help retrive my Yahoo! password

Nezide

Hello

I'm afraid my ex. has taken over my Yahoo Mail.
Can anyone help retrieve my mail?

Mike Easter

Nezide wrote:

> I'm afraid my ex. has taken over my Yahoo Mail.
> Can anyone help retrieve my mail?

Stolen Yahoo! accounts - What to do
http://yahoo.weblogsinc.com/2006/04/...ts-what-to-do/

--
Mike Easter

Vanguard

"Nezide" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I'm afraid my ex. has taken over my Yahoo Mail.

And how would anyone reading your post know that was true and not the
other way around or someone trying to steal an account?

> Can anyone help retrieve my mail?

Yep, Yahoo can help. Try the "Forgot password" on the login page. If
it is your account then you should know the answers to the security
questions. If it is a paid account and you are the account owner then
contact Yahoo. If you are not the account owner, well, then it wasn't
ever your account.

If it is a freebie Yahoo account, you don't get any support. Anyone
that hacks into your account will change the password to make it their
account. Your freebie Yahoo account is only as secure as your
password is strong. If you lost a freebie Yahoo account, you'll then
have to stick with your freebie Gmail account which, by the way, you
posted here unmunged which means it will now get harvested by spambots
that reap e-mail addresses from newsgroups.