Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > DI-524 Router with Actiontec DSL Gateway

DI-524 Router with Actiontec DSL Gateway

6roseds@gmail.com

I got a D-Link DI-524 802.11g router for christmas, and I have been
having trouble using it to connect my bedroom PC to the internet. I
ran a Cat5e cable from the Actiontec DSL gateway to the WAN port on my
router and set up the wireless PCI card in my desktop. I was surprised
to see that my bedroom PC had an internet connection instantly.
However, now all my computers connected to the wired ports on the DSL
gateway have no access to the internet, and my wirelessly connected PC
can't take advantage of the hardware firewall used by the gateway. Any
Help me please,
-Hukuis

peter

http://www.dlink.com/products/resour...rid=1083&sec=0
connect the computers to the LAN ports of the 524
The 524 has build in firewall and your manual should tell you how to configure
the wireless router for security.
peter
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

6roseds@gmail.com

peter wrote:
> http://www.dlink.com/products/resour...rid=1083&sec=0
> connect the computers to the LAN ports of the 524
> The 524 has build in firewall and your manual should tell you how to

configure
> the wireless router for security.

Sorry, I should have been more clear; no computer connected to the
wired network in any way can access the internet. It is as if the
wired network doesn't exist at all, whether the devices are connected
to the 524 or to the Actiontec Gateway. In addition to this, I cannot
access my network printer from the wireless network (I'm assuming it is
because it's connected to one of the ports on the DSL gateway). I've
done a little more research, and it seems that both the Actiontec
Gateway and the DI-524 have the same default IP address (192.168.0.1).
However, I must admit that I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to the
technical side of networking, and I don't know the proper way to
resolve the conflict. Everything I've found on the internet pertaining
to this sort of topic has either been too simple to fix my problem or
too complicated for me to understand.
Thanks for the help,
-Hukuis