Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Pentium 4HT 3.0 GHZ and Vista

Pentium 4HT 3.0 GHZ and Vista

ohiobooks@gmail.com

Would a PC with Pentium 4HT 3.0 GHZ run Vista with no problems?
Memory, graphic ad other hardware are not an issue. Thanks.

Alan.

meerkat

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Would a PC with Pentium 4HT 3.0 GHZ run Vista with no problems?
> Memory, graphic ad other hardware are not an issue. Thanks.

You can d/load a tool from M$ to check your system
for compatibility.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...deadvisor.mspx

Fred

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Would a PC with Pentium 4HT 3.0 GHZ run Vista with no problems?
> Memory, graphic ad other hardware are not an issue. Thanks.

I have Vista installed on such a system with dual channel RAM.
It runs fine with a Windows Experience Index base score of 4.2 which is
quite acceptable.

from
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...enceindex.mspx
"A computer with a base score of 4.0 or 5.0 is able to run all new features
of Windows Vista with full functionality, and it is able to support
high-end, graphics-intensive experiences, such as multiplayer and 3D gaming
and recording and playback of HDTV content. Computers with a base score of
5.0 were the highest performing computers available when Windows Vista was
released."

It is in fact the processor (calculations per second), that has the lowest
sub-score of 4.2
RAM is 5.2
Graphics 5.9
3D graphics 4.9
Hard Disk 5.4
That's not to say that you won't have any problems. There are a couple of
older version programs that I use that don't function fully under Vista. The
remedy would be to update to the latest Vista compatible versions of those
programs.

ohiobooks@gmail.com

On Aug 25, 7:08 am, "meerkat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...> Would a PC with Pentium 4HT 3.0 GHZ run Vista with no problems?
> > Memory, graphic ad other hardware are not an issue. Thanks.

> You can d/load a tool from M$ to check your system
> for compatibility.http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...buyorupgrade/u...

Thanks meerkat, I knew about this and used it to test my home PC
before. This particular system I am inquiring about is not mine, it is
listed on eBay and I am thinking of buying it.

Thanks again.

ohiobooks@gmail.com

Fred, thanks for the info.

ohiobooks@gmail.com

On Aug 25, 4:38 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Would a PC with Pentium 4HT 3.0 GHZ run Vista with no problems?
> Memory, graphic ad other hardware are not an issue. Thanks.
>
> Alan.

again, thank you all for the info. I think I am am going to go ahead
and buy that system off of eBay, it looks like a good deal to me. BTW,
it is listed here;

http://tinyurl.com/27kn9p ,

if anyone cares to give me a feedback on it. The price looks right,
especially with the included LCD.

nobody >

> On Aug 25, 4:38 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Would a PC with Pentium 4HT 3.0 GHZ run Vista with no problems?
>> Memory, graphic ad other hardware are not an issue. Thanks.
>>
>> Alan.

> again, thank you all for the info. I think I am am going to go ahead
> and buy that system off of eBay, it looks like a good deal to me. BTW,
> it is listed here;
>
> http://tinyurl.com/27kn9p ,
>
> if anyone cares to give me a feedback on it. The price looks right,
> especially with the included LCD.

Be prepared to buy a video card if you want the "full Vista Experience".

ohiobooks@gmail.com

On Aug 25, 6:01 pm, "nobody >" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > On Aug 25, 4:38 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> >> Would a PC with Pentium 4HT 3.0 GHZ run Vista with no problems?
> >> Memory, graphic ad other hardware are not an issue. Thanks.

> >> Alan.

> > again, thank you all for the info. I think I am am going to go ahead
> > and buy that system off of eBay, it looks like a good deal to me. BTW,
> > it is listed here;

> >http://tinyurl.com/27kn9p,

> > if anyone cares to give me a feedback on it. The price looks right,
> > especially with the included LCD.

> Be prepared to buy a video card if you want the "full Vista Experience".

it says that it has "ATI Radeon graphic", I thought that is a video
card! Sorry if this is a stupid comment but I don't know much about
hardware issues. What do you think about the price if I can get it for
the $399 bid price? Thanks.

nobody >

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Aug 25, 6:01 pm, "nobody >" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> again, thank you all for the info. I think I am am going to go ahead
>>> and buy that system off of eBay, it looks like a good deal to me. BTW,
>>> it is listed here;
>>> http://tinyurl.com/27kn9p,
>>> if anyone cares to give me a feedback on it. The price looks right,
>>> especially with the included LCD.

>> Be prepared to buy a video card if you want the "full Vista Experience".

> it says that it has "ATI Radeon graphic", I thought that is a video
> card! Sorry if this is a stupid comment but I don't know much about
> hardware issues. What do you think about the price if I can get it for
> the $399 bid price? Thanks.

I could be wrong, but that's probably an onboard Radeon 9100 (on the
motherboard aka integrated video). It's actually not bad if you don't do
heavy-duty gaming. I think it will run almost all of Vista's "eye candy".

As for pricing. I'd say go for it. There may be better deals out there,
but not many.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>On Aug 25, 6:01 pm, "nobody >" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>> > again, thank you all for the info. I think I am am going to go ahead
>> > and buy that system off of eBay, it looks like a good deal to me. BTW,
>> > it is listed here;

>> >http://tinyurl.com/27kn9p,

>> > if anyone cares to give me a feedback on it. The price looks right,
>> > especially with the included LCD.

>> Be prepared to buy a video card if you want the "full Vista Experience".

>it says that it has "ATI Radeon graphic", I thought that is a video
>card! Sorry if this is a stupid comment but I don't know much about
>hardware issues. What do you think about the price if I can get it for
>the $399 bid price? Thanks.

Only Vista runs DirectX 10, many video cards that are Vista ready
(Directx10 capable) are now obsolete, with the release of 10.1

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=41577
Just a heads up.

--

Miss Teen South Carolina tries to say something.
http://www.maniacworld.com/what-is-s...ing-about.html