Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Call Manager express T1

Call Manager express T1

corb

Hi All, I have some experience with call manager express, but soon I'm going
to be asked to configure an ISR with a T1 ISDN 30 PRI connection.

My problem is that I have never configured one of these before, and would
appreciate any help I can get. (I don't want to look a complete noob when it
comes to the install in front of the boss)

The T1 line has 8 channels activated? Does anyone have any UK configuration
examples or can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks,

Corb.

corb

"corb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1uRzi.21006$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All, I have some experience with call manager express, but soon I'm
> going to be asked to configure an ISR with a T1 ISDN 30 PRI connection.
>

> My problem is that I have never configured one of these before, and would
> appreciate any help I can get. (I don't want to look a complete noob when
> it comes to the install in front of the boss)
>

> The T1 line has 8 channels activated? Does anyone have any UK
> configuration examples or can anyone point me in the right direction?
>

> Many thanks,
>

> Corb.

I think that will be E1 not T1.

Merv

some Cisco docs on the topic:

Configuring ISDN PRI
http://cco.cisco.com/en/US/products/...0800ca71d.html

Understanding the show controllers e1 Command
http://cco.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk71...800a5cdc.shtml

E1 Troubleshooting:

http://cco.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk71...800f9e3a.shtml

1. What router model is the E1 link going to be attached to ?

2. What IOS version is runninging on the router ?
- post output of "show version" command

3. If the ISDN PRI module is installed in the router, then post output
of "show diag"

4. Also post the output of "show controllers e1"

corb

"Merv" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...

> some Cisco docs on the topic:
>

> Configuring ISDN PRI
> http://cco.cisco.com/en/US/products/...0800ca71d.html
>

> Understanding the show controllers e1 Command
> http://cco.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk71...800a5cdc.shtml
>

> E1 Troubleshooting:
>
> http://cco.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk71...800f9e3a.shtml
>

> 1. What router model is the E1 link going to be attached to ?
>
> 2. What IOS version is runninging on the router ?
> - post output of "show version" command
>

> 3. If the ISDN PRI module is installed in the router, then post output
> of "show diag"
>
> 4. Also post the output of "show controllers e1"

Thanks for the quick reply!

We haven't had the router in yet, but it will be a 3825.

I'm also based in the UK so I guess the config will be different
accordingly. I'll review the info and hopefully get a good idea of how the
config will be built.

Merv

AFAIK if you are in the UK, then you will be getting an E1 ISDN
circuit.

You should also query the carrier SE regarding config requirements and
any sample Cisco configs that they might be able to provide.

When you get the router installed and if you encounter difficulties ,
then post the information suggested above as it will help responders
to better assist you.

corb

"Merv" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> AFAIK if you are in the UK, then you will be getting an E1 ISDN
> circuit.
>
> You should also query the carrier SE regarding config requirements and
> any sample Cisco configs that they might be able to provide.
>
> When you get the router installed and if you encounter difficulties ,
> then post the information suggested above as it will help responders
> to better assist you.

Will do,

thanks.

can call manager express smokey Cisco 0 01-26-2005 11:59 PM
Call Manager Express translation-rules virgilv Cisco 1 02-25-2004 07:52 PM

Advertisments