Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > wireless printing with Vista

wireless printing with Vista

Ginny36

I'm trying to use a printer on a Windows 2000 computer from a Windows
Vista wireless laptop...I can see the printer but keeps giving me a
message that I either don't have permission to add this printer or
that I don't have enough memory required to perform this...any help
would be appreciated...

Robert L [MVP - Networking]

Many Vista printer issues are solved by installing the printer as a Local Printer. Check this link for more details.

Vista troubleshootingVista Print Issues Vista Slow Issues Vista Sharing Issues. Vista VPN issues http://chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?t=268 Vista How to ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vista.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
"Ginny36" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
I'm trying to use a printer on a Windows 2000 computer from a Windows
Vista wireless laptop...I can see the printer but keeps giving me a
message that I either don't have permission to add this printer or
that I don't have enough memory required to perform this...any help
would be appreciated...

=?Utf-8?B?YnJpYW4=?=

i have a question about this subject also. my printer has a usb-a and a usb-b
port but my router only has ethernet slots. is there a cable i can get to
connect these and if so where could i get one. and if not, what must i do to
put my printer on the network?

"Robert L [MVP - Networking]" wrote:

> Many Vista printer issues are solved by installing the printer as a Local Printer. Check this link for more details.
>
> Vista troubleshootingVista Print Issues · Vista Slow Issues · Vista Sharing Issues. Vista VPN issues http://chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?t=268 Vista How to ...
> www.chicagotech.net/vista/vista.htm
>

> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> "Ginny36" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> I'm trying to use a printer on a Windows 2000 computer from a Windows
> Vista wireless laptop...I can see the printer but keeps giving me a
> message that I either don't have permission to add this printer or
> that I don't have enough memory required to perform this...any help
> would be appreciated..

Jim

"brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i have a question about this subject also. my printer has a usb-a and a
>usb-b
> port but my router only has ethernet slots. is there a cable i can get to
> connect these and if so where could i get one. and if not, what must i do
> put my printer on the network?
>
> "Robert L [MVP - Networking]" wrote:
>
>> Many Vista printer issues are solved by installing the printer as a Local
>> Printer. Check this link for more details.
>>
>> Vista troubleshootingVista Print Issues Vista Slow Issues Vista
>> Sharing Issues. Vista VPN issues
>> http://chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?t=268 Vista How to ...
>> www.chicagotech.net/vista/vista.htm
>>

>> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
>> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
>> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>> "Ginny36" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> I'm trying to use a printer on a Windows 2000 computer from a Windows
>> Vista wireless laptop...I can see the printer but keeps giving me a
>> message that I either don't have permission to add this printer or
>> that I don't have enough memory required to perform this...any help
>> would be appreciated..

You buy a wireless or wired printer adapter. This is a device which
receives wireless signals and converts them into files ready for printing
(in short).
This adapter is a small dedicated computer because there is a lot more
needed than merely connecting cables.
Jim