Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird Filters

Thunderbird Filters

Stanley Eisen

I want to permanently filter all that conspiracy crap that gets
crossposted to every newsgroup every few months.

Will this work? :

Advanced Features / Manage Message Filters

New filter - sender contains "m15*" (without quotes) / delete message.

.... I'm assuming a wildcard like that works? From memory that guy
changes his username but it always seems to contain m15 in it.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Stanley Eisen wrote:
> I want to permanently filter all that conspiracy crap that gets
> crossposted to every newsgroup every few months.
>
> Will this work? :
>
> Advanced Features / Manage Message Filters
>
> New filter - sender contains "m15*" (without quotes) / delete message.
>
> ... I'm assuming a wildcard like that works? From memory that guy
> changes his username but it always seems to contain m15 in it.

sorry, but wildcards don't work. Create one with sender
contains m15, and subject contains m15.

or Reply to Author. Thanks!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Stanley Eisen

> sorry, but wildcards don't work. Create one with sender contains m15,
> and subject contains m15.

Thanks.

Ed Mullen

Stanley Eisen wrote:
>> sorry, but wildcards don't work. Create one with sender contains m15,
>> and subject contains m15.

> Thanks.

And make it M I 5, not M 1 5.

--