Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Printing error in IE6 -- mshtml.dll

Printing error in IE6 -- mshtml.dll

kwstroud

When trying to print from a particular secure web site, users with IE6
get an error and IE shuts down. Users with IE7 and Mozilla can print
from this site without issue. The users with IE6 cannot be upgraded
to IE7 because they use applications that are not ready for it yet.
When I click on details, the ModName references mshtml.dll. I have
tried to re-register this file, but it doesn't work. Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Mr Linux Guy

Can your users use Firefox?

Mike Easter

kwstroud wrote:
> When trying to print from a particular secure web site, users with IE6
> get an error and IE shuts down.

Save the page to disk and open the file [and associateds] and print
that.

Alternatively use a different browser, such as firefox or opera. IE6 is
a very very primitive browser; I know because I still use sometimes,
IE6 SP1.

--
Mike Easter

Plato

kwstroud wrote:

> When trying to print from a particular secure web site, users with IE6
> get an error and IE shuts down. Users with IE7 and Mozilla can print

I also cant print from some websites using another browser, ie Firefox,
but for those websites I use IE. You always want at least 2 WWW browsers
installed and working on any PC.

Note that many people who have websites only test it with their specific
OS and their specific browser and incorrectly assume that's if it works
at home or in the office, it will work anywhere.

People have to test their websites with different browsers and even
various versions of the same browser to make sure it works with the
majority of their visitiors.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/