Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can VPN server listening port be changed

Can VPN server listening port be changed

Jack B. Pollack

For port forwarding purposes:

Can the standard VPN server listening port (1723) be changed in the
registry?
And if yes, how would I change the reciprocal client port as well?

Thanks

why?

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 13:36:50 -0400, Jack B. Pollack wrote:

>For port forwarding purposes:
>
>Can the standard VPN server listening port (1723) be changed in the
>registry?

You can't find out max num of clients and you want to mess with the
registry, oh well.

Why? Why not and if you want, and have permissions and can't find it in
the VPN server configuration.

>And if yes, how would I change the reciprocal client port as well?

Depends on the client.

You have really thought this through haven't you?

>Thanks

Me

Mr. Arnold

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 13:36:50 -0400, Jack B. Pollack wrote:
>
>>For port forwarding purposes:
>>
>>Can the standard VPN server listening port (1723) be changed in the
>>registry?

> You can't find out max num of clients and you want to mess with the
> registry, oh well.
>
> Why? Why not and if you want, and have permissions and can't find it in
> the VPN server configuration.
>
>>And if yes, how would I change the reciprocal client port as well?

> Depends on the client.
>
> You have really thought this through haven't you?

<VBG>